Because I work from home, I need to stay connected with my colleagues, my customers, my partners, my friends: my community. As I try to stay connected with people in my virtual community, I am trying out all sorts of social networks on the web. I’ve added most to my email signature, which has gotten quite long.
What’s interesting about Social Networking sites is that you don’t have to pick just one; you can try many.
Here’s what I’m on:
- LinkedIn: I’ve been on this the longest.
- Zune Social I share my musical tastes
- Popfly I make cool stuff here
- Twitter Fun and easy
- Facebook Reconnecting with classmates
- MySpace Everyone’s on this one: especially musicians
- UVNTV.com One of my favorite customers
- Orkut: Experimenting with OpenSocial and Silverlight
- Windows Live Spaces Microsoft’s free blogging/networking service
- MyBlogLog Aggregator of other social networks
- FriendFeed Aggregator of other social networks
- imeem Find new music
- The Hype Machine Find really new music
- Plurk My wife just turned me onto this one.
What else should I be on?
I’m also on Windows Live Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo! Messenger – email me if you want to connect on those as well.