I just got an email from one of my customers about the new Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 that became available yesterday:
I downloaded the new IE 8 Beta 2 and I have to say it is an outstanding browser. All the little issues I had that stopped me from using Beta 1 have been resolved, and I have been using Beta 2 non stop since I installed it.
Here’s what really stands out to me:
- New Address bar, when you type in the address it’s much smarter in what it displays rather than just displaying straight. I thought the Firefox Awesome bar was good, but I like the new IE display better.
- Tab grouping, excellent feature.
- Accelerators – We were looking at houses recently, and having to copy and paste over and over to the maps page got tiring.
- I like the default display for the new tabs also.
- InPrivate browsing is nice also, the only other browser I know of with that is Safari, and I hate opening that if I don’t have to.
Over all I have to say this is by far the best browser I’ve ever used.
… and then …
I forgot to mention two of the my favorite features. The debugging tool is awesome. I didn’t like certain things about Firebug, and I’m glad there’s a real alternative now.
The second is the compatibility mode button. much better solution than Beta 1 had, and it’s awesome that I can just handle one page with it rather than put the entire browser in compatibility mode.