Upcoming Webinar: Creating a Windows Workflow Activity for Expression Encoder

If you have been using Microsoft Expression Encoder to create Silverlight video applications, you might have heard that it had a command-line interface for automation.  I took this interface and wrapped it in a Windows Workflow Activity so you can easily automate Expression Encoder in your media workflow.  I have posted the source code on Popfly for anyone to see and tomorrow I am demonstrating and presenting it in a free webinar.  If you want to learn about creating Windows Workflow activities and/or Expression Encoder, you should attend.  If you can’t attend, a recording will be posted shortly after here.

image

Logistics:

When 1/10/2008 10:00 AM PST
A recording link will be posted here once it is done.
Where Online using Microsoft LiveMeeting
How Register Here

1. Now this is cool Michael Scherotter (Synergist) is doing a webcast on how to create a Workflow Foundation

2. If you have been using Microsoft Expression Encoder to create Silverlight video applications, you might

3. “..I’ve got this idea, and it’s a way to do a job that is better than what YouTube

4. Synergist says:

A recording of today’s webinar on creating a Windows Workflow activity for Expression Encoder has just

5. Some things are just cool – watch this one. Synergist : Upcoming Webinar: Creating a Windows Workflow

6. Some things are just cool – watch this one. Synergist : Upcoming Webinar: Creating a Windows Workflow

7. Igor emailed me for my thoughts about his SMTP server built with Windows Workflow. A link for the source…

8. Igor emailed me for my thoughts about his SMTP server built with Windows Workflow . A link for the source

9. Blogs says:

while preparing for the code trip , we have several 'on-board' needs. one of which is a quick

10. Pelivan says:

Hi

When I comile the project I get 21 error…

This the errormesssage I get:

Error 101 Could not deserialize member ‘VideoSize’. Could not set value ‘1, 0’ on member ‘VideoSize’ of type ‘MediaEncoderActivityLibrary.EncodeMediaActivity’. 1, 0 is not a valid value for Int32. C:UsersOceanDesktopMediaEncoderActivityLibraryTestWorkflow1.xoml 4 427

11. Philip the Duck says:

Michael – the "webinar" link says "no longer exists", I can’t find any reference to your code on Popfly, and the "listas" link comes up blank. Has all evidence of this sample been erased from the Net, or am I just being really dumb??

12. Philip the Duck says:

OK, after more digging I found the "MediaEncoderActivityLibrary.zip" on SkyDrive. Do you have a link for the webinar or an article on this?

13. Synergist says:

Philip,

Sorry for the broken link.  It’s fixed now. The recording can be found here:

Michael

14. Now this is cool Michael Scherotter (Synergist) is doing a webcast on how to create a Workflow Foundation (WF) activity for encoding video. If you're trying to do any automated media submission workflows on your site (a la YouTube), this is a nice

15. Pawan says:

Hi,

Can you send me the samples for the Workflow for expression encoder. The Pop fly site is close now. If you could email it to me at pkvenu@gmail.com it would be of great help.

Regards,