I’d like to announce an upcoming Webcast session that I’ll be presenting on Silverlight for Web Hosting Companies:
- What: Microsoft Silverlight For Web Hosting Companies
- When: Friday, September 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
- Where: Microsoft LiveMeeting over the Internet
- Why: Demand is growing for media hosting & streaming and rich interactive applications on the Internet and web hosting companies need to understand the implications for them.
Silverlight, Microsoft’s new cross-platform web browser technology for media playback and rich Internet applications (RIAs) represents a great opportunity for Web Hosting Companies to differentiate themselves and provider new services to their customers. Since Silverlight is a browser technology, it is server-agnostic and can be hosted on a variety of server platforms: LAMP, UNIX, and IIS. This talk will focus on the specific needs of Web Hosting vendors and how they can take advantage of this new technology. Here are some topics that will be addressed:
- Integrating with Web Analytics
- MIME Types
- Media Types
- Streaming vs. Progressive download
- Additional Services around RIA construction
If you can't make it, the session will be recorded. I hope to see you there!
Are there any other topics that come to mind that you would like to learn about related to Silverlight and web hosting?