Create a Silverlight Map

This is a demonstration of using Microsoft Silverlight to view Mindjet MindManager Maps.

You can dowload the source code from here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/SilverlightMindMap

Join the Groove Workspace below to to get the source code for a windows client application that converts Mindjet MindManager Maps to Silverlight applications that you can then upload to http://silverlight.live.com/ as a streaming application.

Groove Workspace

If you want to participate in extending the demo, I have setup a Groove Workspace for the project:

Michael Scherotter/Microsoft  has invited you to join a Groove workspace called “SilverlightMap”.

New to Groove?
==============================================================================
      Download a free trial version of Microsoft Office Groove 2007 and accept the invitation by clicking on the link below:

Already Have Groove?
==============================================================================
      Accept the invitation by clicking on the link below:

Microsoft Office Groove 2007 software allows groups of people to work together securely as if they’re in the same location.  Groove has everything your group needs to share files, manage projects, conduct meetings, and get work done.

For more information about Groove go to http://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidGrooveC103?clid=en-us

Revision History

• 5/28/2008 Updated Groove invite
  • 5/7/2008 Updated Groove invite
  • 3/1/2008 Updated Groove invite
  • 1/28/2008 Updated Groove invite
  • 9/25/2007 Updated Groove invite
  • 8/21/2007 Updated Groove invite
  • 5/28/2007 Added Priority Icons
  • 5/18/2007 Added Notes
  • 5/7/2007 Added Relationships
  • 5/5/2007 Added Full screen button to upper right of map view.
  • 5/5/2007 Added a Test button to the interface and fixed some layout problems when expanding/collapsing the map

1. Synergist says:

Ian Blackburn posted a great MindManager Map on his blog of Silverlight Resource. I wanted to see if

2. Synergist says:

I have just setup a Groove Workspace for the Silverlight Map demo that I have been working on. If you

3. Synergist says:

I have been working with XML for most of my career, from developing a CAD application to my roles at

4. Michael Scherotter was definitely an awesome add to Microsoft’s Silverlight team! Check out some of the

5. ifarkas says:

Hi

Is it possible to get the source code for the "Create a Silverlight Map" viewer, please?

I am especially interested in the Zoom and Pan capabilities and implementation.

The http://blogs.msdn.com/synergist/pages/silverlight-map.aspx page says the source code is available, but I did not find the link.

Thank you very much for your time and help in advanved.

Ivan Farkas

EastEuroCo, LLC

Ivan.Farkas@EastEuroCo.net

6. Tim Sneath says:

It’s great to see so many Silverlight-based widgets, samples, demos and applications appearing out there.

7. It's great to see so many Silverlight-based widgets, samples, demos and applications appearing out

8. The number of Silverlight-based widgets, samples, demos and applications is rapidly increasing. Thanks

9. The number of Silverlight-based widgets, samples, demos and applications is rapidly increasing. Thanks

10. Tim Sneath summarized a list of 50 Silverlight Apps. Here is the list. 2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano

11. Tim Sneath summarized a list of 50 Silverlight Apps. Here is the list. 2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano

12. I will be in the Atlanta, GA area this week, and dropping by Monday night to do a quick Silverlight Overview.

13. I will be in the Atlanta, GA area this week, and dropping by Monday night to do a quick Silverlight Overview

14. neuhawk says:

50个Silverlight应用程序.

15. tims收集了50个Silverlight应用/示例:(某些demo需要安装Silverlight 1.1 alpha版本 Windows install / Mac install 。1.1 alpha已经包含了1.0

16. tims收集了50个Silverlight应用/示例:(某些demo需要安装Silverlight 1.1 alpha版本 Windows install / Mac install 。1.1 alpha已经包含了1

17. hxjl says:

2D Physics Simulation Grand Piano Silverlight Mind Map 3D Teapot Demo Infragistics Controls Demo Silverlight

18. Synergist says:

19. A few months ago, I create a Microsoft Office Groove 2007 to share the source code for my SilverlightMap

20. tims收集了50个Silverlight应用/示例:(某些demo需要安装Silverlight 1.1 alpha版本 Windows install / Mac install 。1.1 alpha已经包含了1

21. Hubka.net says:

22. Synergist says:

23. For those of you have heard, a Release Candidate for Silverlight 1.0 was released yesterday. I had written

24. The last weeks I was a little bit busy because of some projects and other work I had to do at home. But

25. The last weeks I was a little bit busy because of some projects and other work I had to do at home. But

26. Amazon Search Visualization , Bubblemark , Comic Book Viewer , Digger , Dr Popper , Glyph Map , GOA WinForms

27. Amazon Search Visualization , Bubblemark , Comic Book Viewer , Digger , Dr Popper , Glyph Map , GOA WinForms

28. Tim Sneath says:

Now that the API-complete RC releases of Silverlight have been out for a couple of weeks, most developers

29. tims: 2D Physics Engine , Amazon Search Visualization , Ant Attack , AOL Social Mail Gadget , Beatboxing

30. Here is a list of 50 apps that have been run on Silverlight RC: 2D Physics Engine , Amazon Search Visualization

31. Here is a list of 50 apps that have been run on Silverlight RC: 2D Physics Engine , Amazon Search Visualization

32. tims: 2D Physics Engine , Amazon Search Visualization , Ant Attack , AOL Social Mail Gadget , Beatboxing

33. Silverlight Airlines Demo Silverlight Mind Map Grand Piano 3D Teapot Demo Infragistics Controls Demo

34. Newlight says:

Is the Groove invite still working? Will the project work in VS2008?

35. Synergist says:

I just created a new invite.  If that doesn’t work, please send me a message and I’ll invite you directly:  http://blogs.msdn.com/synergist/contact.aspx

Michael

36. Jetzt wo die API von Silverlight 1.0 mit dem RC fest ist, spriessen immer mehr Anwendungen aus dem Boden

37. Wenn man Silverlight Installiert hat findet man auf der MSDN Seite, eine Vorschau der Channel9 Videos. Auf der Seite von Tim Sneath hab ich eine Liste mit Silverlight Samples gefunden. Quelle: Tim Sneath : Updated Silverlight Samples and

38. Fala pessoal,Garimpando aí mais alguns links nota 11, seguindo a série "This is Cool"!Ribbon do Office…

39. Jaffa says:

Dang! Looks great, but the invite doesn’t work any more.

40. Synergist says:

Jaffa,

I just updated the invite.  Thanks for the hint.

Michael

41. Já pensou em usar o Silverlight? Nunca ouviu falar? Aprenda mais sobre ele aqui: http://www.linhadecodigo

42. Tecnologias says:

43. teste says:

44. Peter says:

This is great stuff.

Please create a project on Codeplex for this rather than the Groove approach.

BR,

Peter

45. Synergist says:

One of the first things that I built at Microsoft built on my previous experience at Mindjet, the creators

46. One of the first things that I created at Microsoft built on my previous experience at Mindjet, the creators

47. Vaibhav says:

Silverlight is not defined javascript error:(

I installed silverlight on my machine

48. Synergist says:

This week, I invited designers and developers in my Media and Entertainment accounts and creative agencies

49. Peter Cammaert says:

Getting "Invitation not found" again. Can it be re-activated? Thanks

50. Synergist says:

Peter,

I’ve just updated the invite code.

Thanks,

Michael

51. Jared says:

Hello,  the invitation link is saying ‘invitation not found’ again.  What is it with Groove and invitation codes that are always changing?

Could you kindly update the code again?

52. Synergist says:

I just updated the invite again.

53. Dario says:

you have created a great solution!

if I can, I want to contribute …

In order to improve: my skill and your sw.

thk.

54. Dating says:

function CreateIansSilverlight(){Silverlight.createHostedObjectEx({source: "streaming:/216/IansMap",parentElement: IansMapWrapper});} var IansMapWrapper = document.getElementById("IansMapWrapper"); CreateIansSilverlight(); This is

55. Weddings says:

56. sapacool says:

Hi,

Where Can I download source code (Silverlight map)?

57. Synergist says:

I just uploaded the source code to a MSDN Code project at

Michael

58. sapacool says:

Hi Michael,

I just download and try silverlightmap.

It works nice.

Thank you very much.

Sapacool,

59. tr says:

How can get this demo source code?

60. Synergist says:

You can download the Silverlight 1 Source Code here:

Michael

61. chenkai says:

在过去整理资料中,发现其中有一部分案例偏小实用适合于初学者开发.完全可以做参考,其中包含一些难的源码项目案例,今天整理出其中一部分发上来.因为过去资料时间有点长,可能其中有些连接的资源失效或无法访…

62. guruu says:

great! this is very important – i think, this is the most important sample. i love it. i love it too much. i love it more than my car – sorry my little vehicle ;-(

Skip to main content