I am not going to miss MIX this year, period.
Last year, MIX07 was a phenomenal event. Unfortunately, I did not get to attend. I kept following the announcements every day and watched some of the really good recorded sessions as they became available on the mix web site. I kept saying to myself, “Man, I should have been there”!
This year, it might be even better, a lot of folks are preparing demos, announcements ...etc. I cannot disclose anything I know coming. But I know so little, despite being at Microsoft. Yes, strange but true 🙂
Conferences tend to be rather confusing, too much activity that you cannot follow it all. For this reason, I like to have a plan. So, let me share my plan with you:
- The keynotes this year are of particular interest. Ray is speaking this year and I am keen to listen to what he has to say. Steve keynotes are always good too.
- Windows Live … what are the next cool things that are coming up
- Sync Framework … I know few things are coming to those who love sync
- FeedSync … I personally need to understand to what extend FeedSync is going to be used across Live properties, if any
- Mobile development … what’s new in VS2008 and next coming up
It is sure to be fun. See you there.