We have lots of new samples on Sync Framework Code Gallery. These samples demonstrate some of the most important and exciting features of Sync Framework 2.0. If you are new to Sync Framework or are looking for ways to write code to solve your synchronization problems, chances are we have a sample that can get you started. Here are some of the highlights:
This set of samples illustrates various concepts and features needed to synchronize a custom data store, such as:
- Sync101 with Simple Providers, which shows how to write a basic synchronization application that uses simple custom providers.
- Sync101 with Constraint Conflicts, which shows how to write a standard custom provider that uses Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) to synchronize data between replicas on different computers.
- Sync101 with Custom Filtering, which shows how to track custom filters and how to use a standard custom provider to send changes from a filter-tracking replica to two different filtered replicas.
Database Synchronization Provider Samples
This set of samples illustrates various concepts around using database synchronization providers to synchronize between SQL Server databases and SQL Server Compact databases, such as:
- Database Sync: SQL Server and SQL Server Compact, which shows how to use database synchronization providers to configure and execute peer-to-peer synchronization between a SQL Server database and one or more SQL Server Compact databases.
File Synchronization Provider Sample
This sample shows how to use the file synchronization provider.
- File Synchronization Provider Sample, which shows how to use the file synchronization provider, a fully functioning provider that helps an application to synchronize files and folders in NTFS, FAT, and SMB file systems.