[Update: Version 1.1 released]
Welcome to SurfaceTwitter, a multi-touch Twitter client for the Microsoft Surface!
The capabilities of SurfaceTwitter are:
- Show the 25 most recent Tweets in a “ScatterView” control, making each Tweet a movable and resizable object on the Surface.
- Automatically detect the presence of a TwitPic picture linked in a Tweet and display the picture’s thumbnail attached to the tweet it belongs to.
- Mark Mentions (of the person currently logged in) by coloring the Tweet window blue.
- Send Tweets using the Surface on-screen keyboard.
- Auto-Refresh automatically every minute, marking new Tweets with a star icon. Updating is asynchronous and not blocking the user interface.
You can download the entire Visual Studio 2008 project (the Microsoft Surface SDK 1.0 Service Pack 1 is a required to compile the project).
You can also just download the binary installer.
Update SurfaceTwitter 1.1
I updated SurfaceTwitter to version 1.1. It now installs properly on Microsoft Surface 1.0 and on Microsoft Surface 1.0 Service Pack 1. I also enhanced posting Tweets by making it asynchronous and adding proper error handling. Finally I added version info to the about box.
Note that if you change the default installation path of “SurfaceTwitter”, you will need to update this path manually in “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Surface\Programs\SurfaceTwitter.xml”.
Have fun Tweeting and follow me on Twitter at @TechPreacher!