On 6th November 2008, Microsoft launched in Switzerland a new program called Microsoft BizSpark to accelerate success of early stage software startups. The launch was done together with the Swiss BizSpark Network Partner IFJ Institut für Jungunternehmen.
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that unites Startups with entrepreneurial and technology resources. The program is designed to support innovation and success of early stage software startups. It is delivered in partnership with the entrepreneurial community – business angels, university incubators and entrepreneurial organizations like IFJ. BizSpark provides startups following key resources:
– Visual Studio Team System Team Suite (VSTS) with MSDN Premium subscription,
– Expression Studio,
– VSTS Team Foundation Server Standard Edition,
– Production license use rights to host “software as a service” applications using the following products: Windows Server, SQL Server, BizTalk Server, Office SharePoint Server and Systems Center.
– Guidance, resources and mentoring provided by Network Partners,
– Two technical support Incidents per Startup,
– Access to MSDN Premium managed newsgroups, online library, online concierge etc.
– Opportunity to profile company in the online Startup directory to get exposure to potential investors, partners and customers around the world.
The program is available for privately held companies building a software-based product or service, have been in business for less than three years and have less than USD$1 million in annual revenue. Enrollment to the program is free of charge, Microsoft will assess a USD$100 program fee when a Startup exists the program.
More information for Swiss Software Startups is available at:
Swiss Startup Zone: www.microsoft.ch/startup
Swiss BizSpark Portal: www.microsoft.ch/bizspark