The You Make IT Smart campaign invites you to “Code – Play – Win”. Find out how to program your own spaceship game, win one of the 200 free Xbox 360® Arcade consoles, download free software, complete free online learning courses or take part in competitions with great prizes.
Microsoft Switzerland is giving away up to 200 free Xbox 360 Arcade consoles to inspire full-time students and faculty member of Swiss educational institutions to get hands-on experience in games development with Microsoft® XNA® Game Studio and practice technical or artistic skills in competitions and other activities.
Students have 4 ways to win one of the 150 free Xbox 360 Arcade consoles*:
1. Complete the game-programming exercise
We challenge you to program a game of your own. Follow our online tutorial and build your own «spaceship battle» game with Microsoft XNA. If you complete it right and fast enough, one of the Xbox 360 consoles will be yours.
2. Compete in Imagine Cup 2010
Imagine Cup is a worldwide student competition with categories ranging from digital arts to software design. For Imagine Cup 2010, students are challenged with important themes under the United Nations Millennium Development Goals. If you participate, one of the Xbox 360 consoles can be yours.
3. Get lucky at Microsoft Switzerland events for students
We will be giving out some Xbox 360 consoles at our student events such as Academic TechDays`10. Stay tuned to forthcoming events and come along.
4. Do an IT Academy course and get certification
IT Academy enables you to do free «hands-on» online courses on Microsoft technologies. If you continue from IT Academy to complete a professional Microsoft Certification, you can win an Xbox 360 consoles
Swiss educational institutions can win up to 50 free Xbox 360 Arcade consoles:
1. Swiss Universities or Universities of Applied Sciences can win up to 5 consoles per institutions (out of total of 25 consoles) by submitting their commitment to set up an “XNA Game Programming Lab” within their institution and use the lab in their lectures. The lab must to be set up and made part of lectures before June 30, 2010.
2. Swiss vocational- and high schools, as well as teacher training institutions (pedagogical universities and others) can win up to 3 consoles per institution (out of total of 25 consoles) by submitting their commitment to set up an “XNA Game Programming Lab” within their institution and use the lab in their classes. The lab must to be set up and made part of classes before the June 30, 2010.
Download FREE** Microsoft software
How to participate? Read more at: www.microsoft.ch/youmakeitsmart.
Sanna Kuusisto & Microsoft Switzerland MSP Team
* As defined in campaign rules by Microsoft Switzerland.