Customers have reported issues when installing Microsoft StreamInsight where the product key is being rejected incorrectly or StreamInsight fails to install. This can occur when either the user or system locale is not in the following set of locales: pt-BR, zh-CN, zh-TW, en-US, fr-FR, de-DE, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, ru-RU, es-ES.
We are currently working on a fix that will be available with the next Cumulative Update of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. But in the meantime we suggest using the following workaround to install the product:
- Go to the Region and Language Control Panel and change your settings to English (United States) for the user that will be running setup.
- Modify the registry value HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\Locale to 00000409 (save original value).
- Modify the registry value HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\LocaleName to en-US (save original value).
- Reboot the machine.
- Run StreamInsight install.
- Reset user’s regional settings by repeating step #1 with the original region setting.
- Reset the registry values by repeating steps #2 and #3 with the original registry values.
- Reboot the machine one more time.
Warning: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.