Software Patch v22.214.171.1248 is now available to download for StorSimple 5000/7000 series at site. ftp://ftp.xyratex.com/pub/storsimple/Patch7
- Release notes and issues that this patch addresses : Appliance Patch Release Notes v2.1.1 (126.96.36.1998-B49)
- Software Patch Upgrade guide: StorSimple Software Patch Upgrade Guide v188.8.131.528.pdf or Software Patch Upgrade Guide v184.108.40.2068
- SSDPC corresponding to 220.127.116.118 is available in online help download section
- Software Patch v18.104.22.1688 is a Software only release and there is no Firmware upgrade patch associated with it as before
- Firmware upgrade patch continues to be as same as that released for v22.214.171.1241 storsimple-126.96.36.1991-B47-firmware-bundle-install-patch.tar
When should customer do Firmware Upgrade?
Any customer running appliance software >= v188.8.131.525 and <= 184.108.40.2064 should do a Firmware upgrade
Should appliance running software >= 220.127.116.115 need firmware upgrade?
Ideally any appliance running software >= 18.104.22.1685 do not need firmware upgrade, they should already be on latest Firmware.
Will the appliance run into any issues if Firmware upgrade patch storsimple-22.214.171.1241-B47-firmware-bundle-install-patch.tar is run on the appliance that already has the latest firmware?
No, there are no issues if firmware upgrade patch is run on the appliance which already has latest firmware. The firmware upgrade will complete faster since it compares and skips if the latest one is found.