If you happen to have found this page as a former Sunrocket customer, here is a way you can get a phone up and running quickly. One potential VOIP provider you can use is Viatalk. This is the one I chose. Sign up for BYOD service. Wait unil you get your e-mail from ViaTalk with your login information. It took me less than a day to get mine even without paying for rush processing. I have an Innomedia gizmo. If you have one of the others, these instructions won't work for you. Here are the instructions I followed to get my gizmo to work with ViaTalk.
- Get the admin password for your Gizmo. The best way to do this is to browse the forums at SunrocketForum or DSLReports.
- If you have an Innomedia Gizmo, the login page is http://192.168.251.1/Voice_adminPage.htm. It is case sensitive.
- The login name is admin
- The password changes based on when Sunrocket last provisioned your system.
- Once you log in, go to IP Network->Provisioning Setting.
- Turn it off and reboot.
- Login again
- Go to Management->Administrator
- Change the password to something else.
- Go to VoIP->SIP Proxy.
- Change to the server ViaTalk sent you. For me this is sanfrancisco-1.vtnoc.net. Yours may be different.
- Change SIP Domain to vtnoc.net
- Set the first Codec to PCMU/8000 and all the others to None. Note that VT says to use G711U (ulaw), but that wasn't an option in my gizmo. PCMU works. I don't know the details of this. There may be better options.
- Save settings.
- Go to VoIP->User Account
- Enter the login name ViaTalk sent you into the User ID, User Name, and Authentication ID fields.
- Enter the password ViaTalk sent you into the two password fields.
- Save settings.
- Go to Management->Reboot.
- You should be on Viatalk.
These instructions were taken largely from this thread by Skruffy on SunrocketForum.
If you know of similar instructions for the Linksys or AC-211, please post links in the comments.