I was looking for this information recently and had a hard time locating it – probably my poor searching skills! Nevertheless, I found it again so am posting it on my blog so I can always have it close! The information comes from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693755.aspx
The following features are not supported when clients are managed on the Internet:
- Software distribution that is targeted to users (either directly or through Microsoft Windows security groups).
- Branch distribution points (a branch distribution point cannot support Internet clients, and clients on the Internet cannot be configured as a branch distribution point).
- Client deployment over the Internet.
- Auto-site assignment.
- Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Wake On LAN.
- Operating system deployment.
- Remote control.
- Out of band management in Configuration Manager 2007 SP1.
- The client ping functionality used with the client status reporting feature in Configuration Manager 2007 R2.