I was inspired by Hugh’s recent post on his portable studio, I got thinking about what I carry around every day – what are the tools of my trade?
My main use bag is the Rapha backpack from the legendary cycling company. The build quality of their stuff is second to none and this bag is no exception. The detailing is wonderful with little touches of their trademark pink here and there. The bag itself has a good selection of external and internal pockets including a laptop divider. It’s big enough to house my essentials while being small enough that I have to judiciously pick what I carry. Here’s today’s inventory
- Lenovo X301 laptop + small power supply. Though I have a smaller laptop with my Vaio X, the Lenovo is the perfect combination of power to weight.
- Zune HD 32
- Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones. Okay, they take up too much space but they’re to good to leave at home!
- Leica D-LUX 4 – used for taking snaps around campus. More of which will be showing up on Next at Microsoft soon!
- Micro USB cable – for sync and power of my Samsung Focus
- Oakley Flak Jackets – I live in Seattle. I live in hope.
- Numerous pens and markers
- Cowshed lipbalm – did I mention I live in Seattle? “Stolen” from High Road House
- Various memory sticks – 2x4gb, 1x16gb (rarely used) given the cloud syncs all my stuff.
- Do Epic *** stickers – I just got a load more of these and friends keep asking me for them.
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse – flat and perfect
- Sony ICD-UX200 digital voice recorder. Slowly being made redundant by my Samsung Focus and OneNote
That’s my daily load – all I need (and more really) to get my gig done. What’s your haul look like?