Link To Public Download of Windows 7

Windows7_h_rgb

Go get it – http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

• You’ll need some technical skills, like knowing how to:

• Burn an ISO file to make an install DVD (A good example of what we mean by “technical”)

• Install Windows (of course)

• Backup and restore your PC (There’s a chance of losing files, so it’s a good idea to do a backup of anything you want to save.)

• Set up a network

It can be glitchy—so don’t use a PC you need every day.

• Minimum recommended specs call for:

• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor

• 1 GB of system memory

• 16 GB of available disk space

• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (to enable the Aero theme)

• DVD-R/W Drive

• Internet access (to download the Beta and get updates)

And yes, like anything tech-related, these specs could change.

• Some product features of Windows 7, such as the ability to watch and record live TV or navigation through the use of “touch,” may require advanced or additional hardware.

• You’ll need a system recovery disk (and know how to use it).

• You’re [almost] flying solo: you’ll need to troubleshoot problems yourself and call on other Beta testers for their know-how.

• It’s a two-way thing—Beta testing is about feedback so our developers can fix bugs and hear what appeals to the people who use our products daily. Please tell us what you think.

• Watch the calendar. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009. To continue using your PC, please be prepared to reinstall a prior version of Windows or a subsequent release of Windows 7 before the expiration date. (See installation instructions.)

1. James says:

The technet site to register for a key is completely unresponsive as it has been all morning. Are there any alternate links?

2. Nicolas says:

How do you get a registration key?

Because I used the direct download…

3. david says:

now if i dl it via the direct link… where do i get a legit serial

4. Scott says:

I’ve got the download but don’t have the key – I’ll second the question about an alternate key link!

5. ABEE says:

where do we get the product activation key????  I don’t know where the key is.

6. That Guy says:

You don’t need a key for 30 days, sometime by then things should clear up.

7. John Cox says:

Thanks for streaming this like you are doing. Only got 1 question: Where do I get a serial number. I’ve been reading the Live Search QandA page and several posters have mentioned a SA.

8. david says:

but even then …. after everyone clears out where would we get it from, do you propose (legitly)?

9. Frost says:

This IS the 7000 build, right? Would just like to make sure from somebody that has already downloaded it.

10. Steve says:

Yes, it is the 7000 build according to the file.

11. Frost says:

Thanks, Steve. I know the file said 7000 on the download, just wanted to make sure. Heading over to Demonoid to rectify the key problem.

12. David says:

Only problem.

If after 30 days you are not one of the first 2 million downloaders, you won’t get a key anyway.

So we need to get that key legit soon. I think 2 million slots will be taken by nightfall if not sooner.

13. Andrew says:

14. Frost says:

Yes, the links are legal haha.

15. jordy103 says:

Hi Guys,

where can I get the german x86 version from including key??

MS are jammed to much and their servers are way to busy… been trying all afternoon from here and according to this one here:

"As the next-generation operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7 opens new development, sales and services opportunities for your business. With Windows 7, you can offer your customers a robust foundation for high-quality experiences across applications, services, PCs and devices. Building on the substantial investments Microsoft made in Windows Vista, Windows 7 improves security, reliability, networking and user experience. And delivers capabilities that can make users productive anywhere together with tools that IT pros can use to manage PCs efficiently.

Download Windows 7 Beta

Partners with a MSDN or TechNet subscription can download Windows 7 Beta now. All other partners can download Windows 7 Beta starting 9 January, 2009 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time. "

16. Alexandre says:

so after downloadin this windows we just need to wait till MS let us get the key?

17. Arturobas says:

Is it true that only the first 2million downloaders will get a legit key??

18. Hobbes80 says:

>>Problem i try to download this and it seems to jsut cut out 1/2 way through has any1 else had this problem

I’m having this same issue… tried 4 times now, stopped at 735MB two times, once at 1.6GB… none of them will install.

19. Frost says:

Alex, most likely by the time we COULD get in, all the keys from the download slots will have been taken. It’s unfortunate for people that want it the legit way, but unless you can get in through the actual official site, it’s unlikely you’ll get a key.

20. Kirk says:

What about the patch – any link to that?

21. Alexandre says:

Frost, so, the only problem is to get the key, the downlad is the easy part?

22. Frost says:

If you mean the one on Demonoid, I could upload it but I doubt the owner wants links to that here on his blog.

23. Tim says:

Anyone know the MD5 hashes of these files, to confirm proper download?

24. jordy103 says:

to kirk,

i’ll have the patch already here which one do you need?? x86 or 64bit? sen mail to jordy1@cheerful.com and I’ll send it to you..

25. Frost says:

Well I’m still downloading at around 500-600kbs so I couldn’t tell you. I’m past the 1.6gb mark, so I’m guessing the download is rather easy.

26. Richard says:

Anyone else getting "bad image" from the x86 version linked from this site?

"The application or DLL D:SourcesSPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

27. drew says:

Ok some im downloading the ISO file. But how do i get a key??

Anybody have any information about that?

28. Kevin Crosby says:

looks like it is postponed

29. Jigz says:

Use DownThemAll for Firefox and you’ll have no problems completing the DL

30. Frost says:

The download stopped at about 2.1gb, and until I can get a verfied MD5 from somebody that has it working, I’m not wasting my time with direct downloads again. I’ll just wait for the torrent.

31. sri says:

Can you post the link to downlod please

32. Dr Dee says:

Update on Windows 7 Beta Availability

Today, January 10, 2009, 31 minutes ago | Brandon LeBlanc

Due to very heavy traffic we’re seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta. We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I’ll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!

33. Kirk says:

Thanks!  x86 will do me for now.  We’re all in a panic and hahaha there’ll probably be a new beta a day after we have this setup.  :)  I"m pretty impressed so far though!

34. Kirk says:

35. Steve says:

Frost, it should be 3.15 GB. Looks like your short some files.

36. Zym says:

MSDN & Technet subscribers already have keys i belive.

Only way to obtain key for others like myself is when the "Public Beta Launch" is started. Or am i getting it wrong?

37. jordy103 says:

now ms have linked the ‘Windows® 7 Beta coming soon!’ from the thechnet with their windows 7 website…. godd things that you can see that there are working on a solution right now to cope afterwards with the traffic

38. jordy103 says:

@ kirk did you get the mail? and is it working for you?!?

39. BSJ says:

Where do u get the serial keys?

40. Joe says:

Like Steve said in his post, you’ll be able to get the serial key from technet here:

but as of right now, the download isn’t up yet, so just hang tight and wait until Microsoft gets its infrastructure properly set up. For now just download the direct link .iso if you can and wait until the key registration is up later.

41. verus says:

newb question here, i was thinking of DL the beta.  Just wanted to know what the difference between the 64/32 bit versions are?

42. Chris says:

The 32 Bit version isnt working for me says install.wim is missing…

43. Joe says:

The difference is the number of bits the computer architecture operates with. Most users can operate with a 32 bit OS just fine, but because of the number of bit, a 32 bit system tops out at being able to access a maximum of 4GB of RAM and after that it can’t utilize an additional RAM, where as a 64 bit system can address up to 32 GB of RAM (I believe). That’s the one major difference I’m aware of.

Unless you have a top end PC or need to do very intensive work on your computer, 32 bits should be just fine for you.

If you want to read more:

44. Hobbes80 says:

>> The 32 Bit version isnt working for me says install.wim is missing…

That means your file is corrupted. This happened to me too. The DL sites keep failing for me. Even with a download manager and on 3 different machines. Some of them get to 99% before they fail, others fail after 500M.

Have tried FF3, IE6 and IE7. None have worked.

45. Kirk says:

Yep I just sent the email. I’m working fine.

46. Peter P says:

Verus:

The 32 bit version is for a 32 bit processor.

The 64 bit version is for a 64 bit processor. Use that one if your CPU is 64-bit, PROVIDED you know your software will run on 64-bit.

47. jordy103 says:

btw, if you need the mp3 patch for win7 you can find it here: ftp://papa.is-a-geek.net/disk1/windows7 for the 32 and 64 bit versions

48. Matt says:

I tried the direct download links above (both 32 and 64 bit versions). I get the download dialog, as well as the "Save to where" dialog. When I click ok to save it to the root of my C: drive, the green status bar goes all the way across and the file download dialog diappears, all within a second or two. When I look at the file on my C: drive, it shows it as being 1K in size.  Am I doing something wrong?  This is very frustrating.

49. Anon says:

verus:

If your unaware of the difference between 32 & 64 bit, i’d recommend not bothering with this.

50. Tim says:

That above md5 sum is for the 32bit version,  what about for the 64bit version?

51. jordy103 says:

just found another articel from MS. it’s from yesterday and they could still be having problems with it:

52. verus says:

Thanks for the recommendation, now does anyone actually have an answer. Im trying to install windows 7 on my netbook and am wondering which of the two would be optimal to do so.  Im no tech whiz but am fairly computer literate and willing to experiment.  experience is the best teacher as they say.

53. Hecke says:

hello. does anyone have a download link for the german version?

54. verus says:

sorry for the snippy remark, much thanks to those who did answer.

55. jordy103 says:

@ verus, for that one you will need the 32bit version as a college of mine has the eee pc from acer and win7 is running like a charm without any issues and he is actually a linux guru….

56. jordy103 says:

@ hecke,

I’m waiting for the german version too since there is only one dl at the tpb which you can forget for win7 german

57. Tim says:

Can anyone confirm the MD5 hash for the 64bit version,  this is what I have (based on my completed download from the microsoft site):

md5: 773fc9cc60338c612af716a2a14f177d

file name: 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

58. Brian says:

When I attempt to dl the file, it only download a 717byte file??

59. jake says:

jordy103,

i sent you an email rply asap

60. jake says:

hey it wont finish after a cuple hundred mbs for x86 i nead another link

61. Brian says:

Is there an expected time of release???

62. Tim says:

Ok,  For all that need it,  (got this from technet.microsoft.com):

File Name: en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x64_x15-29074.iso

SHA1: E09FDBC1CB3A92CF6CC872040FDAF65553AB62A5

File Name: en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.iso

SHA1: 6071184282B2156FF61CDC5260545C078CCA31EE

63. jordy103 says:

@ tim,

here is the md5 sum for you:

MD5: 773fc9cc60338c612af716a2a14f177d

That is exactly the one you have there….

64. Peter says:

Tim: I just finished my download of the x64 version and I have the same md5 hash.

65. Mathias says:

Someone please update me? It is half an hour past midnight in Denmark, and I´m gettin´tired of waiting.

66. jordy103 says:

@matthias,

everyone is waiting for ms to come up with a solution, i’m in ireland and know what it feels like when you have ben trying since 4pm and now it’s half 11pm ….

67. doc says:

Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal—we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience. is from the main page of windows 7

68. Markus says:

I might try rebooting there PC to see if that resolves the issue with the website?

69. Jim P says:

Thanks Jordy!  It’s downloading right now.

You saved me lots of time.  Now I can go running :(

70. Hi Steve. I’m really surprised MSFT is having these issues. You guys did not anticipate the surge? Thanks. Lanre

71. jordy103 says:

I’ll just have a game of solitaire and let teh website refresh every 5 min or so then I’ll know when i can get the things i need and i woun’t go to sleep, couppa coffee should help as well

72. Mathias says:

Microsoft now enters their 5th hour of work on a solution.. What complete idiots.

73. meiamoo says:

It’s 2 am 10/1 in finland right now.. From what i hear, version 7000 of W7 beta 1 is the one that leaked to torrent and it has been updated to 7016 or more. So to you who is downloading from neowin should wait for the official link in MS page to get the newest version of beta 1. I am waiting too… though i have a job on tomorrow morning.

74. jordy103 says:

@ meiamoo,

the version ms will be putting on the site is exactly the same which has leaked at christmas no newer build as of yet, you can see that too in the info for technet plus users

75. jordy103 says:

Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal — we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience.

also now on the technet site as well as on the official win7 website by ms.. we’re in for a looooong wait, It never were that bad with vista rc2 3 yrs ago…..

76. jordy103 says:

@iztik21, when did you get this one and how when ms is so busy at the moment?

77. Markus says:

The interest has been phenomenal because Vista is terrible.

78. iztik21 says:

79. jake says:

w nead theat link stat!!!!!!!!!!!!

release the link iztik21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80. Brian says:

Is anyone else getting only a 716byte file when they try to download???????

81. Chuck says:

THIS IS IMPORTANT!  I HAVE FOUND AN ACTIVATION METHOD, AND MANY OTHER TRIAL BIPASSES!  just click here, and it has like, a bunch of info on how to get a valid serial key, activate, and blah blah blah

82. iztik21 says:

the link is already released…

83. jake says:

i get this

84. jake says:

HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

85. Airik says:

Thanks for the Link up there Steve, that was very gracious of you. Unlike some of the posted picture links and their downloads….How are we going to get valid and legitiment keys after our downloads we did? Honest question and thanks again for your help with the legit download link.

Airik

86. iztik21 says:

this is just a pic from a person on other blog site while ago… lolz…

87. jake says:

guys im using fire fox and it is past 15%

88. himanshu says:

yes people

f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

is md5 checksum for 32 bit.

I have downloaded it and the mp3 patch and live essentials also.

I will install Windows 7 after I get a beta key, so please help!

89. iztik21 says:

here’s my trick….

use firefox

open up multiple tabs… linking to only 1… copy and paste the link below

the 32-bit is now down… so the keys for 64 are only available…

try and try…

I GOT THE KEYS….

90. jake says:

guys help i nead a link for x86 with key and past this link

help sombudy this is what i get:

91. iztik21 says:

check brian’s link…

same thing as mine…

92. Coolkaj says:

Thanks Brian – I got my key :)

93. jake says:

hey thanks but it still dusent take me ther it brings me to http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx  can somwon personaly email me a link and key derectly frome te print page!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

94. Roadblockx says:

Anyone having any problems downloading the newest version of OS X Leopard??  : )  Just kidding.  Thought I would throw out some geek humor while we pass the time.  Does anyone remember xbox live having a problem with their servers crashing Christmas of 2007?

95. jake says:

hey my email is winme2000@ymail.com send me somthing

96. iztik21 says:

print screen of my win7 on virtual pc activated

97. Ralf says:

Trying Brian’s tut… doesns’t seem to work for me, refreshed about 100 times already :(

I get the described error, however…. guess too many ppl trying?

98. jake says:

my aim is the same as my email

99. jake says:

i live in boston if that helps

100. Ameet says:

Hey ! will I get the geniune activation code with it or not.

101. Ralf says:

Okay, it finally worked after about 435 refreshes… I didnt give up! 😀

102. Markus says:

I used Brian’s method. After about 1 hr I got a 64bit key. You must check each tab separately after refreshing as the title remains the same.

I’m in HK so the keys aren’t restricted to the US.

103. Ozzie says:

Brians method works – just keep on refreshing – that server is being hammered :)

Ozzie

104. jake says:

hear

ISO for Windows 7 Beta 32-bit (English):

7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso

ISO for Windows 7 Beta 64-bit (English):

7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

ISO for Windows 7 Beta 32-bit (German):

/7000.0.081212-1400_client_de-de_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_DE_DVD.iso

ISO for Windows 7 Beta 64-bit (German):

7000.0.081212-1400_client_de-de_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_DE_DVD.iso

105. Coolkaj says:

I’m up and running Windows 7 now. Brian’s hint gave me my key in two attempts.

106. Joe says:

well its not working well right now..  beeing doin this for ever…

107. EB Jeebies says:

For people using Brian’s method, using the Firefox addon Check4Change makes it a lot easier.

108. jordy103 says:

morning everyone, still nothing on ms after more then 6 hours, no methods work for key’s so my gues would be that there are gone now……

109. J says:

i got the full version a sec ago, lol

110. Ian says:

Just got my key using firefox and click for change, took almost an hour but got there in the end :)

111. jake says:

hey is microsoft still down???

or did i ,is out by 2mill last knight

112. jordy103 says:

update key’s are still going you just have to be really patient though, it took me 9 hours! to get one.. only the download will not go now….

113. jake says:

is ther a torrent that somwon added out ther

or can somewon send me aprivet torrent just to get windows 7

winme2000@ymail.com

114. turconi says:

guys!! use firefox + click4change (you find it on google: type "click4change")

i got my key!!! good luck 4 all!!!

115. alex says:

hello. did anyone of you use a key provided by microsoft`s site with the versions of windows 7 available right now on torrents – like build 7000 or build 69** (the ones which initially expire on 07.02.2009 without key?) what happened then? did those versions changed their expiring date to 1.08.2009? i`m curious if i could use a beta 7000 release instead of the official RC1 which Microsoft seems not to be able to publish for downloading on their site. Thanks!

116. iztik21 says:

build 7000 from torrents i think is same as the beta…

not sure

117. Anthony says:

NOW: The keys link works… and pretty much every time..

and paste

into the window..

Cheers

118. jordy103 says:

how about the download of the iso’s?!? key’s arent any prob anymore…

but as soon as you clivk on download your transfered to the iwn 7 home page @ ms why????? still no servers or what???

119. allexis28 says:

yes.. still no servers… some say that the Beta MS will publish is the same with Windows 7 Built 7000, available on torrents

120. jake says:

THE SERVERS ARE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

121. jordy103 says:

update

all servers from ms are up-and-running got 6 keys’s in 5 minutes and downloding booth versions 32 and 64 bit the same time with ~600k

122. jordysucks says:

Good job Jordy. License keys are restricted so you take 6 for yourself. <slow clap>