Live Mesh On Sky News

Sky News got a nice scoop I was alerted to earlier today – a demo of Live Mesh from the Thinking Digital conference held last week in Newcastle/Gateshead. I was alerted to the brief spot by my mother…the reason for which will become apparent when you watch the video 🙂

Live Mesh demo starts at about 2:37 in to the clip.

1. Tom Raftery says:

W00t!

Well done Steve – congrats!

(I knew Steve before he was on telly!)

2. stevecla01 says:

cheers Tom 🙂

3. moclayton@hotmail.com says:

the people up north here want to know what happened to your accent. I want to know why you did not get a shave before going public, your grandad would have turned in his grave!!!! well done though!!

4. stevecla01 says:

that’s my stage voice mum 🙂

as for shaving, it’s just the shadows…honest!

5. Katie says:

The guy in black seems to know what he is talking about….speaks english too

6. stevecla01 says:

yeah, Gerard did speak good English 🙂

7. Neil Cocker says:

Steve,

I’m going to be blogging about Live Mesh later today (been playing around with it for the last 24 hours). Any particular links you would like included? Or shall I just point people at the main Mesh site?

Neil

p.s. I love it. It’s ace!

p.p.s. You can email me – my first name @ dizzyjam dot com, or get in touch via my blog.

8. Nice one Steve.

They spelled your name correctly, which is always a plus point.

It puts things in perspective though, that for all the "technology people" that might have seen this video, in the end, the greatest value was probably enjoyed by your mum, seeing you on TV (apart from the stubble issue).

Gareth

9. Rich says:

Can’t believe how ‘home counties’ you sound Steve.  I sound like a right scouser in comparison, considering we grew up around the corner from each other, went to the same school, and left home for the south at roughly the same time!

Time I looked into elocution lessons, I think…

Rich

10. stevecla01 says:

yeah, my posh voice Rich…few ales in me and I revert from my stage voice to effing and blinding with the best of ’em 🙂

11. stevecla01 says:

you’re right Gareth, my Mum smiled (apart from the stubble bit)…she may smile some more next month when The Money Programme airs on the BBC 🙂

12. stevecla01 says:

Neil – links to http://www.mesh.com are the best bet 🙂

13. I’m sure you could have tried a bit harder to slip in a knob-gag mate, or at least a ‘with great power comes great responsibility’ quote 🙂

I was waiting for the ‘ding’ after your ‘It’s an experience that I’ll show you in a second’ and ‘it’s in my device ring’ quotes 🙂

Nice work pal,

Matt

14. stevecla01 says:

just not in your league Matt 🙂

15. Kay says:

you rock  !! – great presentation and live demo 🙂

16.   The BBC is really getting it’s geek on this week. Not satisfied with a load of Bill Gates coverage

Comments are closed.