Live Mesh – I have 3 invites

LiveMeshLogo60

I strong armed the Live Mesh team in to giving me a few extra invites to share with friends. So, hand up who wants to experience the future? Please deliver a low mileage Ferrari 430 Scuderia to my home address this weekend and one is yours πŸ™‚

Seriously, let me know here why you think you should be a lucky recipient and I’ll confirm the winners on Friday night GMT.

[update]

I’m going to announce early as I want to ensure these folks make it inside the 10,000 entrants of the preview. US only so I can’t guarantee it will work but after long deliberation my winners are

1. Jon Paul (should be obvious why!)
  2. Davidacoder – I can’t wait to hear about Mesh climate change!
  3. nanexcool – he was in first and watched the Ozzie video. respect!

Judges decision is final….unless the Ferrari shows up πŸ™‚
Invites will be on their way fellas. If I get more I already have a list of the next 5 πŸ™‚

1. domenico says:

pls. add me

dovellla@msn.com

THX πŸ˜‰

2. Chakravarthy says:

Please cosider me as one of the luckkiest person.

Thanks in adv,

Cheers

3. Mariano says:

I was stupid enough to watch the 36 min video on Channel 9 FIRST, and THEN go to mesh.com to try and grab an invitation,  instead of the other way around (great video BTW), losing my chance of an invite.

So, I guess you could give me an invite to reward my stupidity? πŸ˜›

nanexcool at gmail or at hotmail

4. Jair Cazarin says:

Hi Steve,

Ok, here is why I would like to have a Live Mesh invitation:

I’m participating in the Imagine Cup competition, and I see a clearly direct relation of Live mesh with my application. So I would like to the see the real capabilities of Live Mesh in order to plan an integration of Live Mesh in our app in the future.

5. Jair Cazarin says:

I forgot my email:

jair.cazarin [at] gmail [dot] com

6. Anthony Tarlano says:

please add me anthony.tarlano [at] hotmail [dot] com

7. why?

1. It looks ace and I want to try it out

2. I’ll blog about it and I have a decent readership

3. I’m a scouser

jonpauldavies[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk

8. stevecla01 says:

Jon Paul – like it, scouser angle πŸ™‚

9. sorry about this, more scouser colleagues jumping on the bandwagon at my end…….prawlings[at]hotmail.com…obviously i should remain a higher priority, as he’s originally from wigan, and I am Bootle to the core ( currently residing sunny sevvy park).

10. ScottIsAFool says:

I’d like to think of something witty or clever to put here, but alas, it’s too early in the morning πŸ™‚ I could say that as a Windows Live MVP, I’m in a prime position to give feedback on the service though (if I ever get to access it…)

In the unlikely event I get one of the invites, Steve, you have my Live ID πŸ™‚ (my IM address).

Scøtt

11. Tom B says:

I’ll throw my name in the pot πŸ™‚

Why?  Hmmm…

1.  It looks very cool and I’m still waiting for a fav.or.it account so need some new toys to play with πŸ™‚

2.  I’m writing some strategy docs at the moment and it would be good to understand mesh so I can include it in there somewhere

3.  It looks like the UK is outside the initial preview

12. stuart says:

I was just about to ask for an invite when I read your last sentence. Microsoft would be lucky to have me as a tester, not the other way around!

13. Mike P says:

Gotta love the scouser requests – marvellous!

Already running the Mesh and lovin’ it!

14. Hmm…a reason. How about…"I’ve been evangelizing this stuff for ages on my blog without even really knowing what it was. Now that its released I can’t even get to play".

If that doesn’t work how about "I’ll buy you a guinness at the C&H this evening"?

-Jamie

15. domenico says:

3 invite

303 candidate πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

16. Neil Cocker says:

Why me?

1 – I love new technology and am currently writing about ways to simplify and "unify" all the aspects of my life.

2 – I’m inconsolable since the 94th minute of last night after feeling comfortable and confident for the whole match and something new to try out will make me feel better.

3 – I met your colleague Steve Beswick (http://dizzyjam.blogspot.com/2008/03/ticket-touts-microsoft-china-and.html) a while back and he said you were a thoroughly nice chap (well, I thought the flattery angle was worth a try!).

πŸ™‚

17. Would love to take this out to the NxtGenUG user group  community πŸ™‚

18. Sean says:

OK – Some of them may be scousers, but not only am i a scouser, but I am also a blue!

Now I realise the above is a 50/50 gamble on whether you are a red or a blue, but even if I thought you were a red then I would not actually be able to bring myself to say I was red…. my dad would disown me and I would be more ashamed than the episode in Tesco with the baby lotion…..

Anyway – here’s hoping you are

a) A fellow blue and thus unable to reject one of you fellow men

b) A red and thus likely to show pity on me

c) Not interested in football but at least impressed with my effort πŸ™‚

Would really love an invite. If the answer was either a, b or c then my address is "serswell at hotmail dot com"

19. Paul O'Brien says:

Mesh, mmm, fingers crossed for OSX and WinMo support πŸ˜€

F430 as requested:

πŸ˜€

P

20. davidacoder says:

Reason no 1: My girlfriend is close to throwing me out of the apartment, because I have been speculating about Mesh for about a month, and unless i get to play with it, I won’t shut up and she will be very, very annoyed πŸ˜‰

Reason no 2 (serious one this time): I am actually an economist working on coupled climate change/economics computer models. Our model is quite cpu intensive (we do lots of monte carlo analysis stuff) and we have been looking quite a bit at various grid projects that can distribute workload onto different computers. I want this to be very "low tech", in a way, a la invite a friend so that he can just contribute time from some of his computers to this scientific work. Turns out, that is all quite complicated, in particular because we would have to build a full "mesh" like infrastruture (i.e. you need an idea of which computers are around, how to move stuff to them, which people are willing to contribute computer time, distribute the computer modele/app itself and so on). I’d love to base all of that on mesh. Even the current version without the SDK would help a lot, because we could distribute the various data sets with the corresponding models via the mesh and then step by step integrate it once the SDK stuff becomes available. So, this is your chance to help understand the economics of climate change πŸ˜‰ In all seriousness, the model I work with is quite well known, it is all ported to .Net by now and if things work out as we hope this might be an excellent showcase where one can put the mesh into use, which probably quite a lot of people did not have on their mind at first.

Reason no 3: Longest list of reasons πŸ˜‰

Final problem: I guard my main Live ID and email like a devil to prevent it from being lost to spammers, but would like that to be my mesh id, in case you pick me. How do we do it? My spam mail address is davidacoder@hotmail.com, I’ll try and get in touch with you from that to let you know my proper Live ID. Thanks!

21. Sean, I’m not wishing to knobble my fellow scousers attempts, but in asking if steve is bluenose, youve proven you dont read this blog at all and are therefore disqualified.

have a nice day now.

22. Jason says:

jckahn at live dot com.

Please?  Thanks!!!

23. Emil says:

I just started blogging Microsoft news for Ars Technica. The blog, One Microsoft Way, just got put on Techmeme’s top 100 sources. I’m new in the game but my readership is slowly growing.

p [underscore] emil [at] hotmail [dot] com

24. Ross Dargan says:

oh, me me me:)!

You have my contact details! (Fonebook developer)

Cheers

Ross

Please please please:)

25. Jas Dhaliwal says:

Houston, I think we have a problem…

Can the nice peeps at Mesh sort out some more invites?

26. Michael McC says:

I should def get an invite because I had to suffer the Man Utd performance tonight against Barca. Truly depressing and this would really cheer me up πŸ™‚

michaelm [at] live [dot] co [dot] uk

27. SKP says:

If you still have one – throw it to me πŸ™‚

28. some great responses in here folks – the detailed ones will win out over "toss me an invite" πŸ˜‰

sorry about the meet last night Jamie…I got stuck in Edinburgh due to a hole in the runway πŸ™

29. Ravi says:

I am trying to cheer John Arne Riise up and he said Live Mesh is the only thing that can do that at the moment. I am not able to help him using time travel and memory manipulation.

I would also like to show this off at Vista Squad maybe we can get you down to do a demo Steve?

daph4ntom [at] hotmail [dot] com [dot]

30. Maximilian says:

Hi Steve,

I’m a med student currently working on my thesis, the task of which is signifficantly hampered by the fact that my girlfriend is currently staying abroad… The visits to her and my family are currently involve some very *sophisticated* emailing-arround of papers and other stuff I need at the different places so live mesh could realy help me out of a tight spot there… πŸ˜‰

best regards,

Max

wtmax [at] gmx [dot] de

31. Maximilian says:

Hi Steve,

best regards,

Max

wtmax [at] gmx [dot] de

32. some stirling efforts here chaps

Paul O’Brien – you art skills have not improved!

Sean – the blue thing…you need to read my blog more!

Neil Cocker – flattery was a good approach

Scott – you’re already in buddy!

Jair – Imagine Cup was a tempter

Mariano – you watched the video!!!

Ravi – will try to sort something for Vista Squad!

so….the winners are….

33. Guillaume Gros says:

I am following closely Live Mesh and S+S unfortunately living in Mexico I’ve been able to attend Mix’08 to get some invites.

I don’t have a Ferrari 430 Scuderia so I’d like to join Steve and if someone has a few extra in his garage I’m for it too. πŸ˜€

34. ryanerdmann@hotmail.com says:

Hey,

If you ever get any more invites, I would really appreciate one because I use a whole lot of computers and devices in ways that a network could not accomodate, and Live Mesh would be a simple solution to this dillema.  Thank you for considering me.

Ryan