Signup for the LiveStation Beta

I was over at Skinkers this morning with Matteo Berlucchi shooting a video for Partner-TV. I love spending time with Matteo as his infectious passion for his company and his product is great – plus he’s a lot of fun. He proudly showed me that he’s in an article in Der Spiegel this month alongside BillG, Google and Steve Jobs but despite his new found media success, he was still happy to give us a great interview. It’ll be coming up soon on Partner-TV. If you haven’t heard the Skinkers story it’s worth listening – these guys licensed Microsoft Research technology in return for equity in the company. Pretty damn cool for a company that some say “don’t get it” or or not open (I’m talking about Microsoft, not Skinkers now…).

During the visit, Matteo showed me one of their latest projects called LiveStation – a highly efficient video streaming service using Silverlight to deliver realtime video to your desktop. The UI was lovely and we talked about the potential to do it on a mobile too – not far off. I’ve just signed up for their closed beta which I’m assured I’m on and have managed to grab 10 other invites so if you’re interested, reply here and also sign up and I’ll drop your name to them to bounce to the front of the queue. Partnership has it’s privileges as they say πŸ™‚

[update] I just spoke with Skinkers. If you add “heard via Steve Clayton” in the signup field they’ll do their best to accommodate you. if you already registered, please do so again!

Technorati tags: ,

1. nfurtwangler says:

I’m definitely interested, I signed up.  If you can toss an invite my way or drop a line to get me up in the queue that would be great!

2. prashanth says:

Iam interested in getting one. I just signed up for it.Thanks in advance.

-Prashanth

3. Des Walsh says:

I’m interested and have registered.

Nice to find your blog – I get at least one gem every day or three among the dross of Google Alert’s deliveries.

4. Soulhuntre says:

Ok, I signed up πŸ™‚

They will know me as soulhuntre@soulhuntre.com .

Thanks!

5. Andrew Clark says:

Hi, I’m the station manager for LSUTV (Loughborough Students Union TV) and from september, we are going to be broadcasting shows (both live and recorded) to all students in halls of residence via a new service called freewire.  This is a great opportunity for us but obviously it excludes all the students who are living off campus.  Therefore we are also looking into methods of broadcasting the same content over the internet.  This seems to be a good technology to try out for the purpose and it’d be great if we could have an invite!

6. Frank says:

Hi, I signed up. I am at Company Net in Edinburgh (Worldwide Partner Award finalist). Looking forward to seeing something hot!

7. stevecla01 says:

LSUTV eh…my old Uni so love to help out. Maybe check out soapbox.msn.com too??

8. Hi!  If I’m not too late, I’d like to see it in action!

Thanks,

Ken

9. stevecla01 says:

thanks Des- now enjoying yours too!

10. Thanks for this post. A while ago I was invited for the technical beta. Tested it for a while, got some upgrades, and send some feedbacks to Skinkers. Fantastic to see silverlight without a browser. Quality is pretty good (including full screen at 1920 * 1200). Best thing? The quick responses from the people at Skinkers!

11. Liam Daly says:

I have signed up, looks pretty interesting cant wait to try it out

12. Vinay says:

Signed up as well..but did it just before i read this blog πŸ™

give me some love and push me up the Kew πŸ˜›

13. chris says:

I just signed up i sooooooo want in! I really hope i get into this beta because it really looks like something i’d love to use daily, especially if they can get some real channels like nbc/fox/cbs on the hook, rather than just unknown free channels like other web based iptv setups.

14. Of course I signed up. I’m definitely interested in this. Heck, I don’t even own a television.  πŸ˜‰

15. Mort Schultz says:

It looks fantastic. I would love to get my hands on an invite!

16. AJ Savoca says:

This should be better than Joost or VeohTV. Could I get an invite? ajsavoca@gmail.com

Skip to main content