For a moment I thought we were going to get through a week without me getting a new gadget. Fortunately not and here she is - small but perfectly formed, the USBCell AA battery that I blogged about earlier.My Microsoft Laser Mouse will now never be without power and all of the other devices I carry that use AA batteries (errr, none in fact) will rest happily knowing that some juice is only a USB port away. This all assumes my laptop has power of course which is increasingly hard to find between the buggies, strollers and Bugaboo's of Chiswick's Starbucks.
- for ~ £12 (free postage) you get two AA batteries
- Each has a little green "hood" on then that is held on with a small piece of nylon coated elastic
- The packaging is sadly quite std stuff but the back does have a hint of humour with "no hiking to the shops for new batteries" as the opening gambit
- made in China (hopefully not by the same factory that makes fire prone laptop batteries)
- 5 hour charge via USB is quoted on the battery and they also charge via an Ni-MH charger
All in all pretty cool I think. Expect to see them be the next new idea for exhibition goodie bags and corporate freebies I reckon.