I was chatting with Long today and it reminded me of something I’ve been meaning to blog about for a while – some of the cool UI fit and finish that is coming through in Vista build. One I really like a lot is the ability to customize the icons for the network you are connected to – this may seem overkill but it has some real life us – like when I’m on the train and connected via my 3G phone I can see with a glance at my system tray. Allow me to explain with the help of some screenshots:
- Connected to my home WiFi network called Monza, this is the default look in the network & sharing UI
- Okay, now a click on the Customize link next to monza (private network) and I get this dialog
- Click on the Change button and this dialog is presented
- I choose the House and Click OK and I see the next dialog
- Finally, the change is also shown in the network properties in the system tray
I LOVE this attention to detail in the UI and the high res icons available. I’m off to find more cool stuff like this and if you have it, feel free to share!