A friend and colleague from MS, Juergen Daiberl, asked me to post this on my blog, so throwing this out there for any potential interest. The position is an evangelism position in DPE working predominantly with ISVs and with Azure, SQL Server and with some SharePoint as well.
Here is the job title/description:
ISV Developer Evangelist (DPE)
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work with innovative partners and a high energy team. In this role you will manage Microsoft’s technology relationship with a set of Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) with a global footprint. You will set the technical agenda for these partners work to secure the Microsoft platform – particularly for the cloud. These ISVs build services and products that target the Mid-Market and are all making decisions about their cloud platform. This role is the primary technology leader for the Mid Market ISV team in Microsoft’s Developer and Platform Evangelism (D&PE) division.
This critical role is a balance of 80% technical expertise backed with 20% business development acumen and experience. This job entails evangelizing Microsoft technologies (including Windows Azure Platform and SQL Server) removing technical roadblocks as ISVs bring their products to market, and driving satisfaction with senior technology decision makers and executives from our partners. A strong knowledge of Enterprise IT solutions and Internet services plus related technologies and competitors in the cloud computing space is required. Ability to effectively present to a wide range and size of audiences from IT technician to CEO level is a must. This position requires a subject matter expertise for designing solutions, technology solution scoping, and issue resolution surrounding cloud computing and integration of other Microsoft and competitor technologies. The preferred location for this position will be in Redmond, WA and will require significant travel (50%).
Proven success with ISVs and end customers in evangelizing the Microsoft Platform, working knowledge of solution development practices and tactics for dealing with large development teams.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Enterprise software development, software consulting, or software development
• Demonstrated experience and success engaging with senior executives in a consulting or evangelism process and working with leading consulting, systems integrator and major computer vendors
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required
• Candidate must possess exceptional demonstrated decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging trends as well as the impact of these on partners and customers.
• BS/BA degree, Master in Computer Science helpful.
The job is based in Seattle, and there is travel required.
You can get more information and apply through the external link below:
If you’re super pumped and feel this is the job for you, contact me through my blog and I’ll connect you with Juergen.