Message Header Analyzer’s Manifest

For those of you who know what to do with this, here’s the manifest for Message Header Analyzer:

For the rest, I’ll put some instructions together later.

Enjoy!

1. Ryan says:

the page says "Restricted Install. E-mail your administrator"  so I emailed myself…  My best guess is because I'm still on Exchange server 2010.  can you confirm?

thanks

office.microsoft.com/…/message-header-analyzer-WA104005406.aspx

2. I haven't had a chance to write up the full instructions. But basically, from Outlook you'll want to add a new app, using a URL (not the store). The link I shared is the URL you use.

3. David Kirchmer says:

So I tried to use the url from above in the Add from URL – Internet Explorer.  Got the following error:

This app can't be installed. The manifest doesn't conform to the Client Extension Schema Definition:The element 'OfficeApp' in namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/…/1.1& has invalid child element 'Hosts' in namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/…/1.1&. List of possible elements expected: 'AppDomains, VersionOverrides, Capabilities' in namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/…/1.1&.

Any suggestions?

4. I just tried it again and it works on my mailbox – what version of Exchange are you working against? Is SP1 installed?

5. David Kirchmer (MEDIC) says:

Thanks for the quick response.

We are only on CU3 (15.00.0775.038) and will need to upgrade to SP1.  Scheduling that for this weekend.

6. mao says:

I have a small problem with using the MHA. I have deployed the app and it shows ok both on the user outlook and on the web interface.

On my computer, I use office 2013 and it displays correctly but i have 2 other computers with identical office config and the app shows just a grey window when you open it.

Any ideas why ?

7. problem says:

exchange 2013 owa running success.

outlook 2013 (32bit) and 2016 (32bit) only;

——-

Message Header Analyzer

Response received

—–

no other rows..

1. Falk says:

I got the same infos, the MHA does not work correctly – 🙁

this is the html output: http://pastebin.com/GbfQgAxZ

1. Falk says:

on OWA i get the following : The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

8. ivandretvic says:

Hi,
    Love the app, and its proven invaluable with the IT team. I have a couple of questions/suggestions, and was not sure the best place to share it with you.
    1. Is there a reason your app doesnt work on ‘attached’ messages? Would prove helpful when suspecting users send messages as attachment. Im guessing its an Office 2013/2016 capability though.
    2. Can you add a link to MHA website from within the app, as quite often i need to load several analysis tabs in a browser.
    3. Can you add an “Expand All/Collapse All” button in the top right corner of the app?
    4, Can you add a button (anywhere on the app) to reload the app into a browser, and preferably pass through the original header as well.
    5. Under the ‘Original headers’ seciton of the app, can you add a ‘Copy to Clipboard’ function?
    6. Can you request that http://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ have a url to navigate directly to the MHA page? i.e. http://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/MHA (nevermind – just found https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/?tabid=mha)

This App is fantastic and kudos to you for developing it. Thanks again and look forward to the next update to it.

9. Dave-Departed says:

Great plugin – When it works!

I had been using this for quite a while on my desktop Outlook 2013 client, and then one day, it just stopped working! When I expand the MHA tab on an email, I just get a red cross and a message stating “Error: The add-in could not be started”. No amount of disabling/removing/re-adding makes any difference. I’ve even completely removed Office 2013 using OffScrub.vbs and done a fresh 2016 install, still have the same issue.

What’s weird is that it works flawlessly in Outlook.com webmail! Anyone got any fix ideas?

10. chris says:

Where can I fine the source for this

1. chris says:

as in Github

11. michael says:

Hello Stephen, Thank you for the add-in! I currently use O365 Office 2016 and your add-in MHA whaich has been running great…until MS latest Office 2016 update. Every time I want to Analyze I get “Microsoft Office has Stopped working” followed by a restart.
    Currently running on W10Pro 64B – Office 2016 O365 Version 16.0.7167.2040. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,

12. Lesley L says:

I like this add-in, it makes my life easier. But why doesn’t it work on Office365 shared mailboxes? Is there a way I can make it do that?

Skip to main content