It;’s here! It’s finally here! The May 2013 update of MAPICDO is live here:
At that same link, you’ll also find the long awaited configuration guidance. It’s not immediately obvious it’s there. Just hit the Download link and it will be offered to you. As a reminder, this configuration guidance will help you in configuring an RPC/HTTP (aka ROH) profile using this MAPI/CDO download package. These instructions do NOT apply equally to Outlook’s implementation of MAPI. Attempting to use these guidelines to build a profile for Outlook’s MAPI, or attempting to “port” a profile between the two implementations WILL lead to failure.
- This version is 6.5.8320.0. All of the files in the update are dated April 29th, 2013.
- If you already have a version of the MAPI Download installed, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. The installer does not upgrade, nor does it warn you if you try to install it without uninstalling the previous version.
- ROH now works when running under Local System context
- Proxy server settings are no longer case sensitive.
- PR_PROFILE_RPC_PROXY_SERVER can now be set using Unicode.
- Improved support for mixed 2010/2013 environments.