March 2013 Second Release of MFCMAPI and MrMAPI

The March 2013 Second Release (build 15.0.0.1039) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.

This is an emergency build to correct a problem a few people were having running MFCMAPI on Windows XP.

Here’s a change list – see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:

• MFCMAPI: On Windows XP, got an error that it was not a valid win32 application.

Enjoy.

1. Valery says:

Stephen,

with last MAPICDO (8.3.0.8309) and using last MFCMAPI (15.0.0.1039) we can create MAPI profile for Exchange 2013.

But there is a problem with Public Folders – when we logon with created profile and then try to open Public Folders store -> we get MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER on Function: CallOpenMsgStore File: MainDlg.cpp Line: 436

And then (when cursor is set on Public Folders store) it shows properties PR_RECORD_KEY, PR_PROVIDER_UID and PR_SERVICE_UID as PT_ERROR

Can you explain how to resolve this problem?

2. Dan says:

Stephen,

I tried posting the question from below on another article I think, but I do not find it, so here it is again:

I have managed to open a profile in Exchange 2013 (on Windows 2012), using latest MFCMAPI version.

However, being logged on as builtin domain administrator (also being the user used when installing the Exchange Server), when I try to open another user's mailbox I get the following error:

Code: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER == 0x8004011D

Function OpenOtherUsersMailboxFromGal( lpMAPISession, lpAddrBook, &lpMailboxMDB)

File MainDlg.cpp

Line 727

A similar error is popped up if I create a profile for another user's mailbox:

Code: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER == 0x8004011D

Function CallOpenMsgStore( lpMAPISession, (ULONG_PTR)m_hWnd, lpEntryID, ulFlags, (LPMDB*) lppMAPIProp)

File MainDlg.cpp

Line 436

My suspicion is that it is permissions related; do you have any suggestions?

If it were permissions related, shouldn't I get MAPI_E_NO_ACCESS?

Anyway, in case of permissions, what exactly permissions should I set up?

Dan

3. Dan says:

Stephen,

Is this article still open for comments, because I posted a question yesterday and it does not show up ?

Dan

4. saeed sgaier says:

Hi , any answer for this query ? we are facing the same

5. Carolina says:

Hi Stephen,

Where can i find documentation about MFCMapi and MrMapi?

Thanks

Carolina

6. Steve Dirickson says:

This release includes copies (or slightly-modified copies?) of the MAPI headers from the Office 2010 drop; are there newer headers for Office 2013? msdn.microsoft.com/…/cc963761.aspx suggests that there are not. FWIW, it also points to a completely-incorrect path for installing the 2010 headers.

7. Stephen Griffin says:

There was not a refresh to those headers for 2013. I've documented a handful of additions on my blog, but the intention with those is that if you need them, you'll include the definitions by hand, as MFCMAPI does.