MAPICDO and Exchange Server 2013

I’ve just been given clearance to publicize this since apparently it was discussed at MEC: The MAPICDO download *will* be updated to support Exchange Server 2013. This is important because:

1. As has been discussed, Exchange Server 2013 will only allow MAPI connections over RPC/HTTP, aka Outlook Anywhere.
  2. RPC/HTTP is (until now) only implemented in Outlook’s MAPI.

So without this update to MAPICDO, the only MAPI implementation which would be able to connect to Exchange 2013 would be Outlook’s MAPI.

Publication dates, instructions for usage, etc. are all forthcoming.

Enjoy!

1. Dmitry Streblechenko says:

This is great news! So I guess the next item on your April Fool's list is Unicode PST support, right? 🙂

Thanks Steve!

2. Thomas Guttesen says:

Cool. Will this work for Office365 as well?

Thomas

3. EinmalIM says:

Thanks a lot and full ack to Dmitry about Unicode PSTs 😉

SvenC

4. AndrewS says:

Stephen – is there any documentation on how to convert existing MAPI applications to use RPC over HTTP please – I can't find any?

Andrew.

5. Documentation will be included either with or alongside the updated MAPICDO when it's published.

6. Wow, didn't expect this. Fantastic news.

7. Chad Kuhr says:

Any idea when we can expect this? I am very curious if this will make the current releases of Blackberry Enterprise server compatible with Exchange 2013.

8. I'm working to see if I can get a timeline for you.

9. Chad Kuhr says:

It will be released with Exchange 2010 SP3 in Q1.

10. matt says:

would this be build 6.5.8289.0 or higher?  my exchange guys gave me a build but it doesn't work against BES

11. We've not announced build numbers publically.

12. Bartrum says:

@Matt  – have a look at RIM's KB article KB33406 – it also mentions MR2 for BES 5.0.4 which as i understand is still under testing with an eta of mid Feb 2013 release date

13. Daniel says:

So right now with Exchange 2013, I'm out completely! This is the worst thing … the worst service – ever. MR2 is not available, and the Mapi/CDO is not available – so none of my client's blackberrys will work. Great. Blackberry didn't have any trouble selling me BES in it's broken state.

14. Esteban says:

MR2 for 5.0.4 is out and word has it that the MAPI/CDO will be released when 2010 Sp3 & the co-existence patch for 2007/2013 is released (2-3 weeks out)

15. I heard the mapi/cdo will be released on the same day as sp3 for 2010 & the 2007/2013 co-existence patch.  Timeframe is 2-3 weeks so I've heard…

16. Elie Barbour - Systems Engineer says:

Exchange 2010 SP3 is here,  just been released few Hours ago

So where is the MAPI CDO ?

17. Shakti says:

Steve,

My question is same as above!

Exchange 2010 SP3 is here,  just been released few Hours ago

So where is the MAPI CDO for Ex 2k13?

18. EinmalIM says:

The MAPI CDO download could be this: http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx

But where is the documentation? Just opening the profile wizard of that package does not reveal any RPC over HTTP settings.

Steve, can you share information on how to configure profiles to work with exchange 2013?

Thanks

SvenC

19. Esteban says:

That version is the one listed on bby website for the CDO

20. Vishnu Kiran says:

Is there a time frame by whcih the MAPI CDO will be available for download. As it was avaialble for Exchange 2007 and 2010 ?