The January 2012 Release (build 18.104.22.1681) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
I’m continuing to crunch on the UI overhaul. This release has a ton of fixes for various flicker issues and glitches, especially those which show under the Windows Classic theme. Most of the problems were bad assumptions on my part that the Classic Theme helped expose. I also worked a good bit on making my various dialogs more pretty, practically rewriting the layout engine in the process. Finally, I finished up my work on painting the system buttons. This last bit required a bit of kernel debugging to figure out why Windows liked to repaint on top of my icons when I moved the mouse around. It turns out that initialization of the window’s system menu is what caused this. If you’re interested, look at how I handle WM_CREATE.
I’m continuing to tweak the colors. Here’s another hero screenshot highlighting the new new color scheme, including the new system buttons:
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- MFCMAPI: Rewrote/cleaned up most of the dialog rendering
- MFCMAPI: Much more double buffering to reduce flicker
- MFCMAPI: Custom system icons
- MrMAPI: New –Restrict switch to limit output from folders
- MFCMAPI: Softer color scheme
- MFCMAPI: Fixed all known Classic Theme glitches
- SmartView: Added PidTagRoamingBinary
- MFCMAPI: Much smaller options dialog now scrolls.