The December 2011 Release (build 188.8.131.520) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
When I started working on the UI overhaul, I knew it was going to take a few releases to get it right. After all, I’m a one man development team, and while I’ve got a number of folks who do testing for me, I can’t catch everything. Since the last release, I’ve found (or been pointed at) a number of issues with the new UI, mostly relating to the abundance of themes out there. I’ve also found a new (to me) code analysis tool which has uncovered a number of potential issues. So I’ve decided to release an off schedule build to address everything. I’m still not done with the UI, but this release should be more visually stable on more machines.
Since I’ve changed some colors in this release, I took a new screenshot:
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- MFCMAPI: Border painting was weird on some systems (never figured out exactly which, but did find my math error).
- MFCMAPI: Underlying window bleed through in About dialog without Aero (fixed)
- MFCMAPI: Clipping in the tree control as we hover highlight
- MFCMAPI: Color choices conflicted with certain themes (switched to system colors which should not conflict)
- Function annotations: Fixed a number of annotation and signature issues.
- Other sundry code sanitation issues.