It’s been a while, but we just shipped a new version of the MAPICDO download. Per tradition, I’ve put together release notes:
- This version is 6.5.8244.0. All of the files in the update are dated October 17th, 2011.
- If you already have a version of the MAPI Download installed, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. The installer does not upgrade, nor does it warn you if you try to install it without uninstalling the previous version.
- Kerberos authentication support when server FQDN is over 16 characters: This is a hard issue to spot. Basically, if your server FQDN is greater than 16 characters and you configure your MAPI profile to use RPC_C_AUTHN_GSS_NEGOTIATE, if you’re watching with a network monitor you’ll see your Kerberos authentication use a truncated UPN, which fails, and the authentication will be retried using NTLM. This fix corrects the truncation issue, giving Kerberos authentication a chance to work. No code change on the client side is required to enable this fix.
- Hang releasing message store: Clients will typically see this problem when rapidly logging in and out of MAPI while doing work, but it can also be hit on a single log on and off, if the timing is just right. The problem was a timing issue in how we set up a polling thread. The fix was to change the order we did some initialization to remove the timing issue.
- IOREPL fails to replicate FB data from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2003: I wasn’t involved in this one myself, but it appears emsmdb32 was having trouble parsing otherwise valid Incremental Change Synchronization (ICS) data generated by Exchange 2010. The fix augmented the parser to allow emsmdb32 to handle this data correctly. This is the issue Henrik discusses here.
- CDO Free Busy Lookup fails in Hosted Exchange: The key to CDO’s FB lookup is in matching a user to a message in the public Free Busy folder by comparing the user’s search key to the subject of the message. Hosted Exchange changed some assumption about the format of a user’s Exchange Legacy DN, on which the search key was based. The fix here was to make CDO aware of this change so it can map the DN to the form it needs for the FB lookup. This fix was first shipped in 8211, but I missed it then.
- August 2011 DST cadence update: CDO has been updated with the DST changes outlined here.