The July 2011 Release (build 188.8.131.527) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
This round, the focus was on bulking up MrMAPI’s feature set. MrMAPI is one of the core data collection tools being used in a future update to our Software Diagnostics Platform for Outlook issues. This has driven several of the features I’ve added to MrMAPI to make it easier for the engineers writing the diagnostics to grab the bits of information they need so we can resolve issues faster.
Here’s a change list – see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- MFCMAPI: Empty Folder can now delete one message at a time. Useful for those stubborn super large folders where the EmptyFolder API can’t complete.
- MrMAPI: Fid/Mid lookup can now be performed.
- MrMAPI: Open folders by name. Anywhere that takes a folder can now take a full path to the folder by name, or rooted on one of the “known” folders. The known folders list has been augmented to include the Sync Issues folders.
- MrMAPI: Restrict by subject and message class. In case you just want to output certain messages.
- MrMAPI: List folder contents and hierarchy tables.
- MrMAPI: Better handling of non-Exchange mailboxes.
- SmartView: I’ve augmented how PT_I8 is handled.