The May 2011 Release (build 188.8.131.526) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
This round, the focus was on a new MAPI stub library and Fuzz testing.
The new MAPI Stub Library is the product of months of hard work on the part of a few talented developers and testers in the Outlook organization. I did a good bit of testing myself and even fixed a few issues, but I did not have the honor of writing it. Incorporating this new stub library into MFCMAPI allowed me to ditch a good bit of my own import code. I highly recommend everyone to check this project out.
I found some internal tools to help with Fuzz testing. Using these, I was able to ferret out a number of issues with my SmartView parsers. I’ve actually found far fewer issues than I had expected, so it looks like my parsers were on solid footing already. I’ve fixed everything I’ve found, along with a number of issues reported through Windows Error Reporting.
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- New MAPI Stub Library
- MrMAPI: Reduced default help length (use –? to get full help)
- MrMAPI: Corrected smartview parser to output to console when output file not specified
- MFCMAPI: Open Profile By Name
- SmartView: Fixed several crash and hang issues in SmartView parsers.
- XML Output is now scrubbed for invalid characters.
- Retail builds are now compiler optimized.