The March 2011 Release (build 184.108.40.2065) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
The singular focus of this round is MrMAPI: I made it much smaller and added a bunch of new features to help out some of our upcoming diagnostics initiatives. Hopefully people will find interesting ways to use these features.
The biggest new feature is contents table output for special folders. This provides a quick way to get a ton of data that typically you’d have to fire up MFCMAPI for and navigate through myriad windows. I’ve also exposed a command line for converting between .MSG and .EML files. This was also doable with MFCMAPI, but now you can do it from the command line or in scripts.
I wanted to take a minute and point out the hard work of Randy Topken, who published the CalCheck tool, which uses MrMAPI for some of its parsing. Hopefully this release of MrMAPI will allow him to add even more cool checks to his tool.
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- MrMAPI: Contents Table output
- MrMAPI: MAPI<->MIME conversion
- MrMAPI: MSG file property dumps
- MrMAPI: Force online (for bypassing cached mode)
- MrMAPI: Verbose switch turns on all debug output for troubleshooting.
- MrMAPI: Smaller binary achieved by cutting much of MFCMAPI’s code from the build.
- SmartView: Parse PR_RULE_ID
- MFCMAPI: Fixed the Resend Single Message feature, which had never worked quite right.
- Message property dumps again include embedded message information.
- Message property dumps (both in MFCMAPI and MrMAPI) should be significantly faster.
- Body property stream errors are better exposed.
- Several crashes were fixed.