The November 2010 Release (build 18.104.22.1683) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com. I’m also excited to announce the release of MrMAPI at the same location.
MFCMAPI work this round consisted of one new SmartView parser and a smattering of small features and bug fixes. The really exciting work was rebuilding MFCMAPI into a command line tool I’d dubbed MrMAPI. MrMAPI exposes two of MFCMAPI’s best features from the command line: Property tag lookup and SmartView parsing. It really deserves a blog entry of it’s own but for now, here’s a taste of what it can do:
C:\>mrmapi 0x3001001EProperty tag 0x3001001E:Exact matches:0x3001001E,PR_DISPLAY_NAME,PT_STRING80x3001001E,PR_DISPLAY_NAME_A,PT_STRING80x3001001E,ptagDisplayName,PT_STRING8Partial matches:0x3001001F,PR_DISPLAY_NAME_W,PT_UNICODE0x3001001F,PidTagDisplayName,PT_UNICODEC:\>mrmapi -s last_modSearching for "last_mod"0x0E590102,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_SID,PT_BINARY0x0E6D001E,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_SID_AS_XML,PT_STRING80x30080040,PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME,PT_SYSTIME0x3FFA001E,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_NAME,PT_STRING80x3FFA001E,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_NAME_A,PT_STRING80x3FFA001F,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_NAME_W,PT_UNICODE0x3FFB0102,PR_LAST_MODIFIER_ENTRYID,PT_BINARY0x80B40040,PR_EMS_AB_GWART_LAST_MODIFIED,PT_SYSTIMEFound 8 matches.
When you download the new version of MFCMAPI, make sure to download MrMAPI for all of your property tag needs.
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- SmartView: Parse PR_LAST_MODIFIER_SID
- Profile: Added the ability to set the default profile
- Export: Export to text now sorts the properties by tag first
- Recipients: Reworked the Recipient table editor to make updating recipients much easier
- MrMAPI: New tool, MrMAPI.exe, enables property tag lookup on the command line
- MrMAPI: New tool, MrMAPI.exe, enables SmartView parsing from the command line
- Bugs: Found and fixed a number of crashes