Details about the MAPI Download:
- The first version of the MAPI download which is compatible with Exchange 2010 is 6.5.8147
- If you already have a version of the MAPI Download installed, you must unininstall it before installing the new version. The installer does not upgrade, nor does it warn you if you try to install it without uninstalling the previous version.
The new MAPI Download fixes a number of problems MAPI had with Exchange 2010:
- You no longer need to disable encryption to make a connection.
- Notifications, which had not been working, now work.
- We no longer crash during certain SetProps calls.
- Access to the RSG (now called Recovery Database) now works again.
- Admin privilege access to Public Folder stores (OPENSTORE_USE_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE) works again. This fix is actually in RU1.
If I identify other issues fixed by the updated MAPI download, I’ll add them in here.
[Update: 12/14/09] Forgot to mention that you'll still need these tweaks for your profile, but you don't have to disable encryption anymore.
[Update: 12/21/09] Added information about admin access to PF.