The November 2009 Release (build 126.96.36.1996) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
The September 2009 release was downloaded over 18 thousand times, with nearly 1700 of them being the 64 bit build. This exceeded the July build by about 4000 downloads. Yay MFCMAPI!
Mostly bug fixes this time around. Win 7 finally made me dig into why Close All Windows wasn’t working, and I did a bit of work to make MFCMAPI a better multimon client.
Here’s a change list – see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- Close All: Shutdown of contents table windows was swallowing the WM_CLOSE message for the other windows. Whoops!
- Multimon: New windows and context menus now show on the same screen as their parent window, as they should.
- Unicode Files: MFCMAPI can now handle files (like .msg or .eml files) that have Unicode characters in their names.
- Property Editor: It’s now possible to manually insert CR/LF characters directly in the hex stream of a property and write the exact data you intended, as long as you don’t touch the text editor. This is to work around a bug/feature of the rich edit control that made reproducing certain issues impossible.
- Smart View: Can now turn Smart View off if you’ve got a property that’s causing it to choke. Do continue to report these to me though!
- Version selection: Did some work to make it clearer when you’re running the wrong version of MFCMAPI (32/64) for the version of MAPI you have.
- Error Dialog Suppression: Identified a number of “error” dialogs that confused more than they helped and eliminated them. If there was an actual error it’s written to the debug output.
- Tons of minor issues – 22 total bugs tied to this release, and those are just the ones that were worth calling out.