The September 2009 Release (build 126.96.36.1995) is live: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
The July 2009 release was downloaded over 13 thousand times, with nearly 1700 of them being the 64 bit build. This was the most popular release yet – retiring MAPI Editor drove a lot of traffic over to codeplex.
I did a lot of work on the property and hex editors this time around. The property editor should be much better at editing large and complex streams you’ll find in PR_BODY or PR_RTF_COMPRESSED. And the Hex Editor is no longer modal! Now maybe Rick will stop bugging me about it.
Here's a change list - see the Issue Tracker on Codeplex for more details, or look at the code:
- Ctrl+H will now bring up a non-modal Hex Editor
- That “Sample version” text is now gone. There is only one version of MFCMAPI, and it’s what you get on codeplex
- Embedded NULLs in strings no longer break the property and stream editors
- All the editors (hex, property, stream) should be able to handle MUCH larger strings now
- Smart View: Added parsing for PR_ADDITIONAL_REN_ENTRYIDS, dispidPropDefStream
- Smart View: Added framework for Smart View parsing of multivalued properties, and added a bunch of previously unparsed properties.