Hey – look what I found on one of my old machines. It’s the documentation from the Exchange 5.5 SDK / EDK!
We’re not supporting development against 5.5 anymore, and a rather large portion of what’s in these docs only applies to Exchange 5.5, but there are some interesting tidbits still. Some highlights:
- The ever elusive IExchangeManageStore::CreateStoreEntryID function, most useful for jumping into mailboxes without creating new profiles.
- IExchangeModifyTable, the interface used for creating and modifying rule and ACL tables.
- Incremental Change Synchronization interfaces
- IExchangeExt*, the interfaces used in creating an Exchange Client Extension for Outlook. Certainly not something you’d want to write new code for, but could be helpful if you’re maintaining an older project.
- A ton of MAPI properties and structures.
Note – these are old .CHM files. If you can’t read them I can’t really help you. I’m only providing them here as a historical curiosity.
BTW – for some reason, we’ve never pulled the 5.5 samples and libraries. You can still get those from here: