Latest Update - Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) DB2 is now available.

We are happy to announce the release of the most anticipated DB2 for SSMA. You can download the same from the link : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45296

We look forward to hear back from your end on the feedback related to the utility.

1. Jorma Kokkonen says:

When support for DB2 for i is released? Support is now only  DB2 on z/OS or LUW.

2. Rob Jones says:

I have an interesting challenge. I am using the tool to copy a DB2 DB which contains a couple of large tables. These tables are partitioned, and the partitioning key (date based)  is unrelated to the clustering key (claim). So when it attempts to read the data, ordered by clustering key, it seems to be trying to create a temp table with that sequence in DSNDB07 (workdb). I have been adding more and more DASD to this area, but still have two tables that will not copy, even when run stand alone. Any chance of making the ORDER BY optional?

Apart from that, I would appreciate being able to run with ISO(UR) when testing this conversion. Either from the package, or by adding FOR FETCH ONLY WITH UR to each read.

3. Lewis Higginbotham says:

Is there a manual or other documentation available for SQL Server Migration Assistant for DB2?

I've downloaded the product and was wondering how to use it.

4. Kevin Chiu says:

Is there a way to limit what object to load when we do the DB2 Connection, the reason I ask is our DB2 Development has a huge catalog so when it's trying to bring back all the objects, it timeouts because we have a resource limit on z/OS to cap any long running transactions.

5. Gourikanth.E says:

While trying to connect to DB2 via SSMA V6.0 for DB2 using Microsoft OLEDB Provider 5.0 for DB2, I am getting the following error.

'Error finding Db2 OLE DB provider.Requested registry access is not allowed.'

If anyone has encountered this error and found the solution, please share

Thanks

6. Robyn Gingerich says:

Hello,

I was just wondering if you have a previous version of the Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant that would work for DB2 v. 9.5?

Thanks,

R

7. Sam says:

Same question as Kevin Chiu:

I'll copy paste his question.

8. Srinivas Tippani says:

Hello,

When analysing the SSMA Assessment report, what is the ACTUAL time required for creation of remediation scripts when compared to the "Total estimated manual conversion time" given by the Assessment Report.

Thanks

9. Li Fan says:

I am working on a DB2 to SQL server conversion project. This tool is very helpful in some way. However i have been hitting the following errors:

1, Cannot truncate target table. Reason: ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.; ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.

2, Hour, Minute, and Second parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.;

3, Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'SQL030424235309280'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.TCMTX'. The duplicate key value is (CP, 31, AUTO0002, 2, 2014-07-04 23:57:16.571000).; The statement has been terminated.

4, SqlDbType.Time overflow.  Value '1.00:34:20' is out of range.  Must be between 00:00:00.0000000 and 23:59:59.9999999.

5, Received an invalid column length from the bcp client for colid 16.

My guess these are intermediate errors occurred in the SSMA temp tables. because source DB2 database don't have these issues.

Is there a SW patch available for some of these error fixes?

Thanks

10. jisha says:

hi,

I have downloaded the tool but I am unable to connect to database as our db uses JDBC provider. Can anyone tell how to connect using JDBC as provider instead of OLEDB?

11. sudin says:

Will the SSMA for DB2 work fine on 64 bit machines? I have installed SSMA for DB2 after installing the prerequisites but still getting an error 'The 'OraOLEDB.DB2' provider is not registered on the local machine'.

12. Aravind says:

After installing the prerequisites and installing SSMA for DB2 I am able to open it fine, but when connecting to one of our nodes that hosts a db2 instance from SSMA, I keep getting , what could be a next step to move past this?

"Connection to Db2 failed.

The authentication method used is not supported by the remote system. Contact your system administrator."

13. Aravind says:

database version

DB2/AIX64 Version 9.7.6

14. Vicki Farina says:

Ditto question: I need to convert DB2 luw 9.5 to SQL Server 2014. Is there a newer version that handles this?
    BTW used the tool for DB2 zOs 10 database and it was quite nice.

Skip to main content