Automating database migration from Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, and Access database to SQL Azure and SQL Server “Denali”.
Microsoft announced today the release of SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) v.5.1, a family of products to automate database migration to all edition of SQL Server (including SQL Server Express) and SQL Azure.
What’s New in this Release?
SSMA v5.1. supports conversion to the new features in SQL Server “Denali”, including:
- Conversion of Oracle Sequence to SQL Server "Denali" sequence
- Conversion of MySQL LIMIT clause to SQL Server "Denali" OFFSET / FETCH clauses
SSMA v5.1 is available for FREE and can be downloaded from the following:
Customers and partners can provide feedback or receive FREE SSMA technical support from Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) through email at email@example.com.
For more information and video demonstration of SSMA and how it can help with your database migration, please visit:
- SQL Server Migration Resources, including reasons to migrate and case studies
- SSMA introduction videos
- SSMA Feature Overview (TechNet July 2011)
- Automating Database Migration (North America TechEd 2011 recording)
- Oracle to SQL Server Migration (step by step walkthrough)
- Access to SQL Server Migration (step by step walkthrough)
- MySQL to SQL Server Migration (step by step walkthrough)
- Sybase to SQL Server Migration (step by step walkthrough)
- MSDN Database Migration Forum