[ Updated: 2/8/2012 Selina Jia]
Microsoft would like to inform customers that support for SSMA v4.0 family of products (including SSMA Extension Packs) is going to end on October 30th 2011. Following are the products in SSMA v4.0 family for which this “End of Support” notice is applicable:
We will discontinue the download for these products on December 31st, 2010 even though we continue to support these product versions through October 30th 2011.
What does “End of Support” mean for SSMA v4.0?
At the end of the support phase for SSMA v4.0 product family, customers will not have access to the following:
· SSMA v4.0 products download pages
· Free or paid assisted support options
· New security updates or non-security hotfixes
· Updates to online content (Knowledge Base articles, etc.), the existing content will be available at least for the next 12 months from the date of this announcement
Guidance for customers
Microsoft advises customers to migrate to the latest supported SSMA product release and/or Service Pack which can be obtained from the Microsoft SQL Server website. The latest version of SSMA product family is 5.2. There is no upgrade path from previous version of SSMA to the latest, hence customers need to:
1. Uninstall SSMA v4.0 product
2. Install the latest version of SSMA product (version 5.2)
Microsoft Support Lifecycle
The Microsoft Support Lifecycle (MSL) policy provides transparent and predictable information about the support lifecycle of Microsoft products. More information is available on the following MSL Web site: