Today we announce the latest preview of SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT). It is the first release from our fast-train preview program. Fast-train preview program implies that SSDT will be on a frequent release cadence, which starts today with the June 2015 preview. The June preview update provides support for new SQL features in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016 CTP2.1. SSDT June 2015 preview is supported with Visual Studio 2013.
Who can benefit from using the Preview?
- Azure SQL Database developers with the latest GA and Preview features.
- SQL Server 2016 CTP2.1 database developers who would like to try the new CTP features.
- Database developers who enjoy using new tooling features.
Get it here:
- The version number for the latest preview of SSDT is 12.0.50623
- SSDT Preview for Visual Studio 2015 will be coming later this year.
- The version number for the latest preview of DacFx is 13.0.2993.2
What’s New in SSDT and DacFx?
- Connected development support for Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Row-Level Security support.
- Support for new ColumnStore index enhancements.
- SQL Server Object Explorer may not list tables if a non-DBO user or a user without CONTROL permission connects to the database. It impacts the browsing table and operations such as import database and publish functions based on the permission settings.