Finally at Redmond

3 long flights and an equal number of adventures later, I’m finally at Redmond at Microsoft campus. If anyone wants to meet up, shoot me a mail at sriramk@youknowwhere.com. Right now, I’m working out of this place

Some observations about Seattle

• This place is cold! For someone like me coming from 40+ degrees Celsius, getting used to 40 degrees is Fahrenheit is proving a bit hard.

• India and the US are different on so many levels – I get caught up in the most unexpected of places. This morning, I had real trouble crossing a road. The process is *very different* from what we have back in India!

1. tobint says:

Welcome to Seattle!  I’ve only been here two months. Coming from South Carolina, I find it a bit hard to get used to as well.

2. Kristoffer says:

I’ll be joining you in Seattle in a bit though I’m already used to the 40 degree fahrenheit weather.

Amusingly I just back from a trip to India and if you take your post and switch India with US you describe my experience.

3. Dreamchaser says:

Hi Sriram,

Welcome to Redmond, (thought I am not there and don’t have any technical clue as how the city is..).

But still wanted to leave a Hi message after you reached RedMond :)!

Will await more updates from your side about your experience at RedMond !

– Dreamchaser

4. I was stuck on one side of the street with the lights never changing to allow me to cross. Each time some other person would come and magically the lights would change.

Took me a while to figure out to hit the button to cross streets 🙂

5. You feel super-weird when you pack jackets and woolens when it’s 107 degrees outside. But that’s…

6. Vijay says:

Enjoy and Prosper 🙂

7. Bhasker says:

All the best for the tour ,conferences and stepping the ‘the heat on’ at redmond 8 )

8. KG says:

>> shoot me a mail at sriramk@youknowwhere.com.

Sriram, you must be really crazy to quit your job at microsoft and join some utterly unknown company called "youknowwhere" 😉

9. pandurang says:

Remember to look on the wrong side while crossing roads. In fact, each time I think I am doing it right and then find I almost stepped right in front of some zooming vehicle.

My tip: look both ways. At least till you get used to it.

10. Anand kumar says: