Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for download. The service pack is primarily a roll-up of Cumulative Updates 1, 2, and 3 and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community.
While there are no new features in this service pack, a notable addition from a Reporting Services point of view is the ability to configure Click Once deployment to either launch Report Builder 1.0 or the updated Report Builder 2.0, directly from Report Manager (native mode) or SharePoint. If you run Reporting Services in SharePoint integrated mode, make sure to also install the updated RS add-in for SharePoint.
Furthermore, the April 2009 Feature Pack is now available and includes an updated version of Report Builder 2.0. You can get it either as Report Builder 2.0 stand-alone download, or via click once deployment from a Report Server with SQL Server 2008 SP1 applied.
Summary of download links:
- SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1
- Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies
- Report Builder 2.0 (April 2009)
Other download resources:
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition Service Pack 1
- Full SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack (April 2009)
- SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Advisor