Microsoft SQL Server team is pleased to announce the release of SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
As part of our continued commitment to software excellence for our customers, this upgrade is free and doesn’t require an additional service contract. Both, the Service Pack and Feature Pack updates are available for download on the Microsoft Download Center. This includes Slipstream installation packages that can be utilized with existing licenses to install (or upgrade to) new instances with SP2 pre-installed.
SQL Server 2012 SP2 contains fixes to issues that have been reported internally and through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 up to and including Cumulative Update 9.
Service Pack 2 also includes supportability enhancements and issues that have been reported through the Windows Error Reporting system. Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 also contains key customer requests as outlined in this knowledge base article. Customers are highly encouraged to stay on a supported service pack to ensure they are on the latest and most secure version of SQL Server 2012.
To obain SQL Server 2012 SP2 please visit the links below:
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 SP2.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 SP2 Express.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 SP2 Feature Pack.
SQL Server 2012 SP2 will release through other distribution channels (including Microsoft Update) by end of July 2014.
The first Cumulative Update of SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 is scheduled to release end of July 2014. It will contain hotfixes that have been delivered in SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update 10.
Senior Program Manager
- Servicing PM of High Availability and Mobile Technologies in SQL Server.
- Feature PM for Replication Technologies.
- Business owner, release PM and project manager of Service Packs for SQL Server.
Related Downloads & Documents:
- Knowledge Base Article For Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2.
- Release Notes
- How to Upgrade to SQL Server 2012 (Setup).
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2012 RTM Cumulative Updates released.
- SQL Server 2012 SP1 Cumulative Updates released.