UPDATE (11/12/2015): Version 22.214.171.124 which includes a fix for the issue mentioned below has been released. Please see Released: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server and Replication (126.96.36.199) for more information.
UPDATE (10/22/2015): We have removed this release from Download Center for the time being. Large number of customers reported seeing an issue with tempdb and DW log growing above normal levels. We are working on a fix and will release an update as soon as we have it ready. If you have already installed 188.8.131.52 and seeing this issue in your environment, please run the script below to mitigate the problem. You should still update your environment when we have the new release available even if you run the workaround. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you.
alter procedure sdk.Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_UpdateHierarchy as RETURN 0;
alter procedure sdk.Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_UpdateLastValues as RETURN 0;
update sdk.Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_Tables set LastProcessedId = 9223372036854775807;
We are happy to announce that a new version of SQL Server and Replication Management Packs has been released! Only the English version is available at this time. Localized management packs for this version will be made available at a later time.
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server enables the discovery and monitoring of SQL Server Database Engines, Databases, SQL Server Agents, and other related components.
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server Replication enables the monitoring of Replication as set of technologies for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another and then synchronizing between databases to maintain consistency.
Please see below for the new features and improvements in the dashboards, SQL Server MPs, and Replication MPs. More detailed information can be found in guides that can be downloaded from the links above.
SQL Server Visualization Library (dashboards) features and changes in v.184.108.40.206
- Improved performance!
Dashboard displays behave in line with user permissions:
- The user can see the groups according to his/her access level only.
- Read-Only mode for non-authors provides basic functions only: navigation, changing of the personalization settings.
Dark, Light, and Contrast themes have been added.
- Synchronization errors for the personalization settings have been fixed.
- Upgraded interface enables displaying Dashboard errors.
- Objects with selected monitors are now displayed on the top of the tiles list while editing.
- If there are no child elements, Related Objects tile is not displayed in Instance View.
A new Dashboard feature allows displaying data from any nesting level within the widgets.
- UI design has been upgraded and various UI errors fixed.
SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 MP features and changes in v.220.127.116.11
- Improved performance!
- Added support for disabled TCP/IP protocol.
- Fixed performance metrics error that may occur on some localized versions of Windows.
- Fixed incorrect performance of Transaction log free space monitor.
- Added new type of events from failed discoveries; added a new reporting rule that collects such events.
- Added timeout overrides to prevent various scripts timeout failures.
- Filestream filegroups are excluded from discovery until this feature is fully supported in a later version.
- Added KB for Microsoft.SQLServer.2014.Mirroring.MirroringCommonGroupDiscovery.
- Added monitor/performance tiles to class “SQL Server 2014 Mirroring Groups”.
- Various bug fixes in monitor tiles.
- Reorganized 2008/2012 tiles.
- Removed some 1X1 tiles.
SQL Server Replication 2008/2012/2014 MP features and changes in v.18.104.22.168
- Updated Preset dashboards.
We are looking forward to hearing your feedback about this newest release!