The first cumulative update release for SQL Server 2014 SP1 is now available for download at the Microsoft Support site.
To learn more about the release or servicing model, please visit:
- CU#1 KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3067839
- Understanding IncrementalServicingModel for SQL Server
- SQL Server Support Information: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2855
Please be aware that a subset of Analysis Services (AS) hotfixes, originally released in SQL Server 2014 RTM CU6, CU7, or CU8,
were not included in SQL Server 2014 SP1 CU1. A side effect of this is that, when applying CU1 to a standalone
AS Instance, you may not see Analysis Services as an eligible component to be updated.
- Please be aware that ‘Slipstreaming’ (\UPDATESOURCE= …) SQL Server 2014 RTM+SP1+CU1 is not functioning in CU1
- Both issues above will be addressed in CU2, as well as an upcoming on demand hotfix update to CU1
- An update to this blog entry will be made when the on demand hotfix update to CU1 is released