Keep your system up to date with the most recent cumulative update package for SQL Server 2005 SP3. This package is only intended for customers who are going to be upgrading from SQL Server 2005 SP2 CU#10 or SP2 CU#11 to SP3. You will have to install this CU after upgrading to SP3 release to get all the fixes. SQL Server SP3 CU1 does not contain any additional fixes other than the ones already addressed with SQL Server 2005 SP2 CU#10 and SP2 CU#11 and is only intended as a post Service Pack upgrade rollup for SP2 CU#10 and SP2 CU#11 customers only.
- SQL Server 2005 SP3 CU#1 KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959195/en-us
- Understanding Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935897
- SQL Server Support Information: http://support.microsoft.com/sql2005
Related CU KB Articles:
- SQL Server 2005 SP2 CU#11 KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958735/en-us
- SQL Server 2005 SP2 CU#10 KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956854/en-us
SQL Server Sustained Engineering