Today, we are very pleased to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the earlier March release, and features an update to the Visual Studio 2015 shell bringing with it enhancements such as the quick launch toolbar and improved theming options, a bug fix in the SSMS tools menu option, and a bug fix in SSMS new project templates.
Get it here:
- The version number for the latest preview is 13.0.13000.55
New in this release
- New quick launch toolbar to quickly find menu items, and options dialogs.
- Improvement in SSMS theming options to add support for an SSMS light theme.
- Bug fix in SSMS tools menu option to correctly reset query shortcuts if the “Reset to Default” button is pressed.
- Bug fix in SSMS new project templates to display easily readable template names.
Please visit the SSMS download page for additional details including Microsoft connect IDs for issues that were fixed.
Known issues in this release
- This release does not save maintenance plans for SQL Server 2008 R2 and earlier SQL Server versions. We are working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime, you can use a previous version of SSMS to save the maintenance plans.
The full list of known issues is available in Release notes available here.