Today, we are happy to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the November release, and features improvements and bug fixes to many components including Showplan comparison, the SSMS results tab, the Extended Events session wizard, and many more.
Get it here:
* The version number for the latest preview is 13.0.900.73
New in this release
1. Improvements to Execution plan (Showplan) comparison to enable comparison of the current query execution plan with one saved in a file.
2. Improved IntelliSense support for inline columnstore indexes in SSMS.
3. Bug fix in Extended Events session wizard to enable selection of templates when connected to an Azure V12 server.
4. Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #1390296: Enables functionality to “Switch to results tab after the query executes” if SSMS is set to display results in grid format.
5. Fix for Microsoft Connect bug #2004111: SSMS will now display un-truncated column headers when displaying results in grid format.
6. Additional bug fixes including the addition of tab-stops in the “Create Audit” and “New Login” dialogs under the Security folder to enable easier keyboard navigation.
Please visit the SSMS download page for additional details including Microsoft Connect IDs for issues that were fixed.
The list of known issues is available in Release notes available here.