Today, we are very pleased to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the March refresh release, and features improvements in the SSMS installer to add human readable error messages, improvements in the Stretch database wizard to add support for predicates, and numerous bug fixes in the Always Encrypted wizard, and SSMS toolbar options.
Get it here:
- The version number for the latest preview is 13.0.14000.36
New in this release
- Improvement in the SSMS installer to add human-readable error messages.
- Improvement in the Stretch database wizard to add support for predicates.
- Improvement in the AlwaysEncrypted Powershell commandlet to add key encryption APIs.
- Fix for Microsoft Connect item #2555163: to turn off IntelliSense in the SSMS toolbar if it has been disabled in the Tools,Options dialog.
- Improvements and bug fixes in the Showplan comparison user interface to reduce the spacing used by long query plans.
- Bug fixes in SSMS to fix issues that caused SSMS to crash when exiting.
- Bug fixes in the Always Encrypted wizard to retain user permissions during encryption and to allow database detach operations after the wizard is complete.
- Bug fix in Always Encrypted New Column Master Key dialog to provide feedback on attempt to generate a key using an unsupported Cryptographic Algorithm (CNG) provider.
Please visit the SSMS download page for additional details including Microsoft connect IDs for issues that were fixed.
The full list of known issues is available in Release notes available here.